Staff Accountant at RXBAR
We’re looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting Team in Chicago, IL.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Perform and maintain accurate monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Partner with the Accounting Manager and Senior Accountant to implement and ensure strong adherence to company internal controls
- Prepare consolidated external financials and reporting
- Assist with the timeliness and accuracy of the month end close
- Prepare general ledger entries, maintain accounts and records and perform monthly/quarterly balance sheet fluctuation analysis
- Assist the Accounting Manager with future growth initiatives and projects
- Preparation of monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and analytics
- Create and prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Maintain accurate accruals for various areas of the business including but not limited to logistics, marketing and G&A spend
- Assist with the optimization of accounting procedures (including financial statement audits) and other special projects as needed
- Daily interaction with a variety of internal departments including but not limited to Supply Chain, FP&A, Marketing and Customer Service
Skills + Qualifications:
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in public or industry accounting
- Recent graduates with strong internship experience will be highly considered
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong knowledge of and ability to apply GAAP
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent excel capabilities
- High attention to detail
- Evidence of ‘customer first’ values and behaviors
- Self-starter who is extremely result and detail-oriented
- Manufacturing/consumer goods industry experience a plus
- NetSuite experience a plus
What’s important to the team?
This year, we are focused on increasing support for our corporate accounting function including more focus on balance sheet reconciliations and building out our internal control processes while ensuring high integrity in our financials.
Does this remind you of you? We’re looking forward to reviewing your application!
About us: RXBAR is a clean-label snack brand with products made from a few simple ingredients and no BS.
RXBAR simplifies food by creating snacks that are real and delicious. It's honest and straightforward—no overblown claims, certifications, or gimmicks. With products including RXBAR, RXBAR Kids, and RX Nut Butter, RX makes food that not only tastes good, but is wholesome and nutritious too.
Perks & Benefits: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.