Staff Accountant at Motorola Solutions
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe position is part of the Corporate Controller’s organization and reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager. The Corporate Accounting Manager is responsible for corporate consolidations, accounting and reporting for corporate functions, compliance with SOX and internal controls over financial reporting. The department consists of approximately 9 direct reports and a number of indirect reports around the world.
- Perform month end consolidation process.
- Manage all activity that flows through the General Ledger; including the management of account combinations, statement line changes, and daily updates.
- Maintain the Worldwide Ledger Structure and work with all teams as needed to follow procedures of closing or enabling new Legal Entities.
- Performing monthly account reconciliations.
- Preparing OBIEE analysis and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Approval of requests for GL and OBIEE responsibilities.
- Ability to review and generate reports to assist in preparation of 10-Q and 10-K filings.
- Assist KPMG and SOX Team with information and testing pertaining to quarterly and yearly audit requests.
- Strong analytical and organizational abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills up/down/across the organization
- High level of interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork and partnerships
- Proficient in Excel, OBIEE, and FTT retrieves preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 1+ year of experience in Accounting or Finance preferred
Position TypeNew Grad
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.