Stock Administrator at Sprout Social
At Sprout Social, people and culture are at the forefront of everything we do - a fact underscored by multiple Best Places to Work awards Glassdoor. As members of the Sprout People Team, we are champions of Sprout’s unique culture. Doing our jobs effectively means every candidate has an incredible experience with Sprout Social, every team member is successful from day one, and every business unit has the talent and support needed to meet and exceed aggressive goals. We are looking for an experienced Stock Administrator to help us carry on that tradition.
As the Stock Administrator, you will have the opportunity to establish our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) for a new publicly traded company. In this critical role, you’ll be the Subject Matter Expert and main point of contact for the equity program and have interaction with all levels of Sprout employees. You’ll join a dedicated and supportive People Operations Team focused on operational excellence and employee experience.
If you love contributing at a hands-on level and love building programs from the ground up as we continue to scale our people infrastructure, we’d love to talk with you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 2+ years of equity administration experience including both stock option and RSU programs
- Previous experience setting up and managing an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLookups, IF formulas, etc.)
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Prior Shareworks and/or Workday experience
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) Certification
- Experience with International equity grants
- Reporting and analysis of equity program data for executive stakeholders
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Meet with key stakeholders.
- Audit current new grant and settlement processes including data validation between Shareworks and Workday.
- Load new hire and employee RSU grants in Shareworks.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Curate FAQ Guide on our internal Wiki.
- Document and implement improvements to processes and controls.
- Plan for the 2021 launch of our ESPP.
- Assist with reporting required for audits and filings.
- Develop reporting cadence and dashboards for stakeholders.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Be ready to launch our ESPP companywide.
- Develop and deliver employee trainings and communications.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Up-level your CEP, Shareworks, or related certification.
- Contribute to the design of equity related workflows in our Phase 2 Workday implementation.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to continue to advance our People Operations team and Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.