WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands including Priceline, Sprint, RVA Media Group, and The Basement agency.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). This position and all of our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Tax Team oversees the company’s global compliance, accounting and reporting across all of Centro’s locations and jurisdictions. This team collaborates closely with other Finance functions and provides Raving Fan Service by striving for efficiency and accuracy in everything they do.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
Reporting into the Director, Tax, the Tax Analyst will drive tax compliance and reporting through process improvement and automation. The role will also partner on tax examinations by developing defense strategies and maximizing tax saving opportunities. This person will have a unique opportunity to grow their tax experience across all aspects of domestic and international tax and will blend compliance and strategic tax planning work to help support the Tax Director. You will also contribute by:
- Preparing federal, state and local tax return workpapers and work with external provider to timely file all direct and indirect tax returns.
- Identifying, assessing, and implementing the utilization of appropriate technology tools and the adoption of standard methodologies in the completion of tax projects
- Preparing U.S. and Canadian income tax provisions, monthly tax accounting entries, and annual provision-to-return adjustments.
- Managing audits for federal and state income tax, personal property, and sales & use tax with support from Accounting Team.
- Working with Tax team to implement global tax strategies to improve cash flow and reduce global ETR.
- Managing all annual tax savings projects
- Preparing U.S. and Canadian tax depreciation and disposals schedules.
- Preparing other non-income tax filings, including annual reports, business license applications, personal property tax returns and sales & use tax returns.
- Performing state and local tax research and maintain state exemption certificates.
- Preparing and maintaining global transfer pricing calculations along with cash management.
- Performing other special projects as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3+ years of corporate or public tax compliance and provision experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, handle and track multiple assignments
- Strong oral and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Proficiency in tax accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Tax, Law, or Economics
- CPA certification or working towards CPA
- Experience working in a SaaS/Software company
- Experience with financial and tax applications such as CorpTax, Onesource, Avalara, etc.
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a work from home stipend for employees in closed offices, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.