Tax Associate I
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Proficient in Excel
- Previous experience in an indirect tax function, sales tax, or shared services with similar functions
- Ability to communicate effectively and promptly with customers, time management, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Previous experience working with outsourced service providers
We’d Love to See:
- Experience with Vertex O series, tax certificate management software, and project management tools.
- Experience writing process documentation, the ability to easily learn new skills and/or systems
- 1-2 years of related experience
Impact You'll Make:
- In the first 90 days – learn the processes around customer invoicing, taxing, certificate collection, and much more in order to effectively address customer questions. Learn the process around use tax accruals on vendor invoices and review on a monthly basis.
- Beyond 90 days – work with various groups throughout the organization to ensure customer issues related to sales tax are addressed quickly and effectively. Review use tax on vendor invoices monthly and work with various teams to ensure vouchers are completed accurately.
- This highly visible role will be responsible for ensuring customer inquiries regarding sales tax related items are resolved quickly and effectively. This includes working closely with various parts of the organization including sales, membership, finance, IT and the service desk in addition to direct customer contact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.