Tax Specialist at Paylocity
The Tax Department is relied upon by all facets of the organization including sales, new client implementation, client support and finance. The Tax Filing Service is responsible for Tax Deposits exceeding $40 billion annually and filing 800,000 tax returns. The Tax Compliance Team is primarily responsible for balancing the Payroll system to the Tax System and reconciling variances for new and existing customers. The Tax Specialist II will identify and communicate notice trends for notice prevention while still maintaining designated quota for notice closure. They will demonstrate ability to foresee and correct future issues relating to the root cause of the notice before becoming an issue. In addition, Recognize and establish cause for penalty abatements, drafting and monitoring effective abatement requests.
What you'll do:
• Efficiently be able to prepare and file timely tax returns on the behalf of our customers.
• Effectively be able to handle day to day operations without direct supervision.
• Professionally communicate tax filing issues to clients without direct oversight.
• Independently research new agency tax filing requirements and be able to effectively communicate the impact on Paylocity to management.
• Collaborate with other teams in the tax department to strengthen processes and deliverables
• Review and draft detailed procedural documents for team processes
• Above average understanding of internal tax department processes
• Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Above average knowledge of all operating systems, including Master Tax and Web Pay
• Keep up-to-date on latest developments as they affect tax regulations and policies.
• Build and maintain working relationships with state and local agencies.
• Handle escalated issues and be able to provide timely response.
• Independently seek out new opportunities to improve the overall quality of filings on our client’s behalf.
What you bring:
• Minimum two to five years’ experience in Payroll
• Minimum two to five years’ experience in tax or a related field
• Experience with Enterprise Employment Tax Software Tools
• Payroll service bureau experience desired
• Thorough knowledge of federal and state payroll tax laws
• Ability to research and understand payroll tax filings
• Certified Payroll Professional preferred or significant progress toward certification desired
• Experience with multiple government agencies and ability to understand complex regulatory language
• Intermediate to Advanced Excel skill desired
• Strong communication skills and problem-solving ability
• High level of integrity