Technical Accounting Manager at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe position is part of the Corporate Controller’s organization and reports to the Assistant Corporate Controller. The Assistant Controller is responsible for external financial reporting, technical accounting and GAAP compliance, corporate consolidations, accounting and reporting for corporate functions, compliance with SOX and internal controls over financial reporting. The organization consists of approximately 7 direct reports and a number of indirect reports around the world.
The selected candidate will be responsible for all aspects of external financial reporting and accounting policy. The individual will have responsibility for Motorola Solutions’ accounting and finance policies, accounting research and issue resolution, assist with periodic SEC filings, and compliance with US GAAP and SEC regulations. He/she will focus on expanding and sharing U.S. GAAP accounting knowledge worldwide through an accounting issue resolution process, development of worldwide policies and processes, training and communication.
Additionally, he/she will be responsible for the following:
- Decision maker for accounting issues impacting the business worldwide
- Close involvement in the accounting aspects of acquisitions, divestitures, restructuring and capital market transactions
- Significant interface with senior management, external auditors, legal counsel, treasury, tax, HR and strategy.
- Anticipates the impact to Motorola Solutions of proposed business models, strategic initiatives and compliance/regulatory changes, including the impact to financial forecasts, financial IT systems, and financial processes and controls
- Manages relationship with the external auditor, interfaces with SEC on matters of interest, transaction structuring with external counsel and investment bankers
- Prepares comment letters on proposed U.S. and International accounting standards
- Lead the Company’s efforts to adopt new accounting standards
- Bachelors Degree (in Accounting preferred)
- Certified Public Accountant (or equivalent) preferred
- 6+ years of experience in Accounting or Finance, including experience in technical accounting, financial reporting and accounting research
- Strong background in accounting research and issue resolution
- Technical accounting skills, including sound understanding of revenue recognition and lease accounting literature
- Significant public accounting experience, Big Four experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.