Our Finance team is at the forefront shaping strategic decisions across the company. As a member of the team, the Treasury Accountant contributes to company’s success by ensuring an efficient banking structure to support its global operations through overseeing operational and strategic projects. The Treasury Accountant will be responsible for executing treasury-functions such as daily cash and bank account management, preparation and/or approval of wire and ACH transfers, and general ledger and cash management ERP system tasks.
• Responsible for month-end accounting activities, including the preparation/review of journal entries and account reconciliations including all general ledger bank accounts and clearing accounts.
• Manage the banking structure as international growth dictates including account setup at bank and within ERP system.
• Maintains records for banking activity for all entities: bank statements, analysis statements, voided checks, stop pays, deposit activity, book/wire transfer records.
• Develop, propose, and implement process changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the cash management function.
• Serve as system administrator for all treasury related systems by acting as a point of contact for managing the banking relationships and bank administration changes, while assessing internal controls to mitigate risk.
• Work with our international offices to manage the FX rate within our accounting system, and analyze translation effects on the Balance Sheet and P&L.
• Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures with ability to research and recommend appropriate treatments.
• Prior experience reconciling multiple bank accounts to establish a daily cash position preferred.
• Must be proactive with the ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, listening and negotiation skills in order to articulate ideas and thoughts clearly through various means, including written and oral communications with all levels of the organization.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
• Meeting Deadlines, Positive Attitude, Monthly Close Metrics
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
• 1-2 years of general finance or accounting experience
• Minimum of one year of experience in cash management/treasury accounting
• Intermediate to advanced skill level with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word required
• International treasury experience preferred
• Oracle ERP system knowledge preferred