Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Given our tremendous growth over the past year, we are expanding our team and are looking for a Treasury Analyst to continue to help transform the organization to the next level and become a best-in-class finance organization.
We are looking for someone who is a highly motivated teammate, has excellent attention to detail, can work cross functionally in a team environment, as well as independently. This person will be responsible for identifying and implementing best practices and improvements in treasury operations, cash forecasting, day-to-day cash management operations including foreign currency hedging programs. In addition, this person will partner cross functionally with product and engineering on key strategic products and initiatives.Your Responsibilities:
- Owning/completing key high volume cash account reconciliations weekly utilizing advanced excel skills and system reconciliation tools.
- Responsibility for recording cash activity for month-end close.
- Assisting with treasury related financial modeling.
- Owning new and improving existing treasury processes through key performance indicators.
- Monitoring liquidity and maintaining cash balances for operations.
- Assist with preparation of audit schedules and allocation of intercompany expenses.
- Be a part of special projects that include collaboration with financial systems, forecasting, treasury accounting and revenue.
- Continuous process improvement and automation
- Demonstrated experience in a treasury function
- High volume cash reconciliation experience
- Processing and accounting for foreign currency transactions and related hedging programs
- Advanced skills with Excel and Blackline
- Experience in a Public Company and Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) compliance
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.