Vice President - Credit Ratings Criteria Officer
Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC (MCR) is a subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc. and a Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organization (NRSRO) known for innovation in the fixed income market. At Morningstar, our goal is to create great products for investors. Our credit ratings business is focused on providing unique perspectives, improving transparency and providing investors with the information and tools required to make informed investment decisions.
Morningstar is seeking a Vice President/Ratings Criteria Officer who will provide oversight over our credit rating methodologies and quantitative models and assist the Corporate and Financial Institutions (CFI) ratings teams in creating, reviewing, and implementing new, updated, and expanded ratings criteria that will enable MCR to diversify and deepen its analytical coverage of the various business sectors and transaction structures within the CFI space. The preferred candidate is a strong conceptual and innovative thinker who embraces both the conventional as well as nontraditional and emerging areas of credit analysis.
• Conduct research in support of ratings criteria and model related projects;
• Drive the development of new and updated analytical methodologies to enhance the scope and depth of our credit ratings;
• Participate in the review process for vetting Morningstar’s new and updated rating methodologies and quantitative models;
• Evaluate the feasibility of determining credit ratings for new, esoteric, and bespoke securities and asset classes;
• Provide guidance to the analytical staff on the interpretation and application of MCR's policies, procedures and methodologies for determining ratings;
• Coordinate the development of technology solutions to enhance the rating criteria and model governance processes;
• Work closely with the compliance and quality functions to maintain and enhance MCR’s internal controls infrastructure;
• Prepare for periodic and ad hoc regulatory examinations, investigations and information requests;
• A bachelor's degree is required; advanced degree or CFA is preferred;
• 8+ years of experience in corporate and/or financial institutions credit analysis; credit rating agency experience and a track record in leveraged loan, loss given default/post-default recovery, loan covenant, project finance, and/or ESG analysis is highly desirable;
• Demonstrated financial writing and research skills as evidenced by published or internally documented credit research and analysis;
• Familiarity with and willingness to work within the legal and regulatory frameworks that govern global credit rating agencies;
• Strong project management experience and achievement orientation;
• Highly articulate in both verbal and written communication; able to explain complex financial concepts in terms that are understandable to both ratings practitioners and non-practitioners;
• Able and willing to work in an open, collaborative, and diverse work environment;
• Able to interact effectively with senior analytical and corporate management across all functional groups, regulatory agencies and all key internal and external stakeholders.
027_RealpointLLC Morningstar Credit Ratings LLC Legal Entity