Vice President of Finance
We are a business-to business, cloud based financial technology and loan servicing platform specialized in wealth management lending. Our platform connects loan origination, loan servicing, risk monitoring, payment processing and loan accounting systems. Data from these connections is grouped into portals for banks, wealth management firms, their advisors and their clients. Our flagship clients include some of the largest financial institutions in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Are you looking for an opportunity to craft the financial future of a high-growth SaaS startup?
As part of Supernova’s team, the VP Finance will drive the entire finance function and help set the strategic direction for the company. We are in the throes of scaling and need a self-starter to establish our financial and accounting processes, lead financial planning, and develop growth strategies. Join us and make a massive impact with the leading provider of wealth management lending technology.
As a leader in the organization, we are excited for you to:
- Serve as a trusted advisor and business partner.
- Drive business insights, actions, and accountability across departments with a customer service-oriented attitude.
- Communicate and influence inside/outside the company as you present business plans, models, and financial forecasts to management and the investment community.
- Partner with the Supernova management team and lead us as our financial advisor.
- Own the company’s financial plan including regular updates and adjustments to the financial model and communication of key elements to the management team.
- Drive the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long-range planning. Plan for the downside and find opportunities for upside.
- Complete monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual variance analysis and drive accountability across the company.
- Apply good judgment and maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data.
- Work with external firms (accounting/tax/audit) and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the monthly accounting close process.
- Communicate and present our financial results to relevant audiences including company updates, investor updates, board updates and materials.
- Lead strategic analysis of major initiatives and products to assess ROI, Payback Period, etc. Evaluate the risks/rewards and provide the data to enable better business decisions.
- Advise on compensation strategy including equity and bonus planning.
- Optimize cash flow and handle treasury management.
- Assist the sales cycle on price negotiations with large enterprise customers.
- Streamline the billing process, including selection of financial systems that will support billing and financial operations.
- Embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusivity and encourage team members to be their authentic selves at work.
- Collaborate and share financial best practices. We are continuous learners.
- Deliver meaningful feedback to your teammates. We believe in radical candor and promote active transparency.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Efficient, organized and follows through on commitments. You’re intelligent, have great analytical skills and pay attention to detail. In addition, you’re calm under pressure, have a great work ethic and communicate well.
- 10-15 years of progressive finance leadership experience.
- Experience at a venture-backed SaaS company (ideally post Series B), with VP responsibility for FP&A, accounting, and audited financials.
- Expert in enterprise-level SaaS metrics and know the industry benchmarks.
- Investment banking or management consulting firm experience.
- Bonus Points: You have previously raised VC financing or assisted with M&A.