Vice President, Infrastructure and Project Finance
The Team: Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC is a subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc. and a Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organization with a reputation for high-quality, investor-focused analysis. We specialize in credit research and ratings, which investors use to help identify credit risk. Our services include new-issue ratings and analysis, operational risk assessments, surveillance services, data, and technology solutions.
The Role: The Vice President of Infrastructure and Project Finance will help develop and launch a ratings agency methodology covering the Infrastructure and Project Finance sectors. This will be followed by reviewing and analyzing new issue deals and establishing credit coverage on a portfolio of credits. The position is based in either Chicago or New York.
- Work with MCR senior management to develop a credit rating methodology for the infrastructure and project finance sectors.
- Collaborate with sector specialists to analyze new infrastructure credits and recommend ratings.
- Maintain ongoing surveillance of assigned credits including updated credit reports and financial models as necessary.
- Interview company management teams to understand individual credit drivers.
- Utilize and help train junior analysts in the analytical process.
- Participate in meetings with bankers and investors to educate market participants on MCR’s rating methodology.
- Produce thought leading research on the infrastructure space which highlight MCR’s expertise in the subject matter.
- Contribute to the credit team in other ways including enhancing the research product and process, developing into a voting member of the credit committee, and assuming responsibility for special projects.
- 10+ years of experience in Infrastructure or Project Finance credit analysis or a related field.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with a focus on accounting or finance. MBA or CFA preferred.
- Rating agency experience preferred.
- Strong accounting skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to speak comfortably with company managers and institutional investors.
- The ability to make timely decisions under tight deadlines, sometimes with incomplete information.
- Strong excel modeling skills and familiarity with Bloomberg.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your experience and interest in the position.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
027_RealpointLLC Morningstar Credit Ratings LLC Legal Entity