Who is Clearcover?
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We are proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is the VP, Controller & Chief Accounting Officer at Clearcover?
Clearcover is looking for a strategic and forward-focused insurance finance executive with experience building high performing teams combined with proven business savvy and superior statutory and GAAP knowledge specific to property and casualty insurance. Experience and appreciation of lifetime value concepts inherent with personal auto insurance will be key to achieving performance objectives in this role.
The VP, Controller & Chief Accounting Officer will report in to Clearcover’s EVP & Chief Financial Officer and will function as the Chief Financial Officer for Clearcover Insurance Company in addition to supporting the GAAP and statutory accounting functions for all Clearcover entities.
What are your responsibilities?
- Direct the financial reporting and accounting, treasury, investment management and internal audit efforts for all entities
- Manage financial reporting relationships with regulators, reinsurers, auditors and board of directors
- Function as a key advisor to the EVP & Chief Financial Officer
- Play a key role in building relationships with ratings agencies and industry regulators
- Serve as a credible, knowledgeable and trusted resource to the senior leadership team
- Offer the quality, meaningful business analysis and financial perspective necessary for corporate decisions and strategic planning
- Assess the impact of key strategic transactional opportunities on the company’s financials
What personal characteristics do you need?
- Uncompromising integrity, honesty and transparency
- Dedication and commitment
- A strong sense of confidence combined with humility and a sense of humor
- Intellectual curiosity, strong conceptual thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- A focus on being a value-added partner to the business operational leaders
What experience do you need?
- Great amount of accounting experience, along with management experience in the insurance industry
- Thorough knowledge of NAIC statutory and GAAP accounting
- Public company experience preferred
- Familiarity with tax accounting is a plus
- Experience interacting with a board of directors, audit and investment committees, and other board-level executives
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Certified Public Accountant
What's in it for you?
- The ability to grow, create and lead a world class finance team
- The ability to build and shape the entire accounting organization of a rapidly growing, disruptive technology startup
- The ability to invest in your future and ours via a competitive equity package (i.e. massive upside potential)
- And of course a competitive compensation and benefits package
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.