“I am excited about all of the new initiatives gaining traction and resulting in meaningful growth for TransUnion.” Todd Cello
Dynamics of the Role
As the VP Finance for the Global Technology (GT) team, you will partner closely with the GT leadership team as a strategic business partner. You will leverage your existing significant understanding of the operations of complex IT organizations in order to be a trusted and respected business partner. This includes familiarity with technology or software company financials, ability to benchmark key performance metrics against peer groups, expertise in offshore operations, experience in technology integrations of acquisitions and an ability to present complex, multinational technology information in an understandable manner. This also includes evaluation and insight of financial performance of GT with regard to budgets, forecasts and operational goals. You will provide valuable business insight and recommendations regarding both short-term and long-term operational objectives. A key component of this will be to provide proactive insights to help ensure successful implementation of operational strategies. This includes driving understanding of financial performance by anticipating potential future need to maintain financial targets while meeting the needs to the businesses that GT supports. In addition to the core GT operations, you will also be closely involved with the operations of our India Global In-house Center (GIC) which is a rapidly growing arm of our GT organization. You will present to senior executives on a frequent basis and ensure that complex financial and operational analyses are easily understood and consumable. Working with a direct team of seven finance professionals as well as other individuals as part of a matrix organization, you will also complete planning/forecasting and monthly close processes and assist in preparation of financial analyses. You will also be closely involved in the establishment and maintenance of GT initiatives related to recently acquired companies as well as a continual pipeline of prospective acquisitions. As the leader of the day-to-day finance operations in support of the GT team, you will be responsible for managing, motivating, and developing the associates to ensure the business is provided decision support and predictive analytics to the broad team of SVPs reporting to the CIO and ensure continued cost containment across GT in terms of both OpEx & CapEx.
The Team’s Focus
The GT Accounting and Finance team partners with the Global Technology group and all revenue-generating businesses to provide financial insight into business performance while helping inform and support decision-making processes. Activities include reporting key business performance indicators; strategic planning; annual budgeting and forecasting; variance analysis and the preparation of executive reports and presentations. Members of the team regularly collaborate with and advise top-level executives within the business organization, gaining in-depth exposure to the operation and performance of the business. Associates have strong planning and analytical skills, GAAP knowledge, the ability to interpret and clearly explain data to non-Finance leadership, merger and acquisition experience and an ability to support the business and improve business performance.
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- Opportunities to expand your role, take on new challenges, and grow within our organization
What you’ll bring:
- BA in Accounting or Finance, Master’s with relevant focus beneficial.
- Expertise in complex IT organizations
- 12+ years in finance with 6+ in a lead role.
- 6+ years managing people.
- Multiple years of planning, forecasting, and monthly close.
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities as well as presentation experience.
- Experience with MS Suite, GL and Forecasting tools required (PeopleSoft/Hyperion)
Impact you’ll make:
- Provide decision support to the GT leadership teams (CTO and 8 SVP’s).
- Lead a team of seven finance associates.
- Oversee the forecasting and planning process for the GT team.
- Operationalize and maintain business models to help the business understand performance and predict deviations from and pressures to cost forecasts.
- Work across all the GT business / leadership functions to review, understand, and provide deeper financial insight into GT operations.
- Manage and drive monthly close and quarterly forecast processes.
- Prepare for board meetings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.