VP of Finance at Turn Technologies, Inc.
Turn is a 40-person, experienced team of entrepreneurs that are focused on driving unprecedented value in the contingent workforce industry. Our worker identity screening and sourcing platforms are used by companies in 30+ industry verticals ranging from rideshare and delivery to health care and event staffing. We support employers that need to develop last mile labor quickly – that could be 50 workers in Miami or 1k+ workers across multiple cities every month.
Members of the Turn leadership team are granted significant autonomy in their domain expertise while working closely together to drive growth under a unified strategy. Today, we are seeking an ambitious and entrepreneurial candidate to help guide the financial strategy and reporting of our business through a rapid growth stage. This role will interface with all major stakeholders on the executive team (e.g. sales, marketing, product, engineering, compliance, operations) to oversee and guide financial strategies. Core to this role is developing a keen understanding of the critical levers of the business driving both growth and operating costs. The successful candidate can seamlessly move from financial modeling, to pricing analysis, to KPI monitoring, and performance benchmarking.
The VP of Finance has two direct reports (a Financial Analyst and a Staff Accountant) to assist with on-going duties and will report directly to the CEO.
- Financial Planning Analysis
- Forecast monthly/quarterly performance
- Perform budget v. actual analysis
- Maintain a 5-year financial model
- Assist in creation of investor updates
- Assist in creation of fundraising materials
- Pricing Analysis
- Price new products
- Perform prospect-specific pricing analysis as a sales tactics
- Evaluate volume-based and committed-use discounts
- Understand the competitive pricing landscape
- Marketplace Health
- Perform analysis on Turn’s worker supply
- Intimately understand marketplace dynamics
- Manage marketplace equilibrium related to supply and demand
- Introduce incentives and guidelines to manage marketplace health
- Sales Operations & Revenue
- Oversee reporting accuracy of sales pipeline
- Assist in updates needed to the CRM
- Perform analysis on sales process and efficiency
- Analyze sales process to inform growth strategy
- Org-Wide Reporting
- Work within the BI tool to create organizational dashboards
- Collaborate with CEO to ensure reporting needs are being met
- Drive FP&A practices with use of leading and lagging indicators
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Mathematics
- 5+ years of experience in an analyst, FP&A, or revenue management role
- Strong analytical, data management, and interpersonal skills
- MBA, CPA, or CFA a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit with start-up experience a plus
- SQL proficiency and/or mathematical programming skills (i.e. R, Python, etc.) are a plus
This role can be remote (anywhere in the continental United States) but Chicago, IL is preferred as the company generally operates under the Central Time Zone (CST).
Turn is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.