At Double Good, we are about creating and sharing joy. Our virtual fundraising app connects teams with their supporters to help athletes, coaches, and students do what they love. Our handcrafted ultra-premium popcorn is made to order and 50% of the sales return to the event organizers. These funds turn into uniforms, safety pads, cleats, calculators, test tubes, travel opportunities, and brand new experiences- and that creates our joy.
Our social initiatives echo our values and passions. The Double Good Kids Foundation partners with purposeful organizations to benefit students and athletes facing physical, intellectual, and financial barriers. Our goal is to push the boundaries of access in academic and athletic activities by contributing experiences, equipment, and educational opportunities to the communities that crave them the most.
So far, we have helped raise over $200M to fuel kids’ passions nationwide. We are dedicated to improving our products and experiences to expand our reach and continue to empower kids of all abilities to do more of what they love. That’s how we create joy together.
- Top executive responsible for overseeing the legal function for the entire firm
- Responsible for overseeing all legal matters pertaining to the organization, including patent, copyright, intellectual property, company contracts and employment law matters
- Coordination of any legal matters handled by outside counsel
- Design, build and drive overall strategy, methodology, and roadmap for the processes, systems, and tools required for the legal function
- Flexible to fast paced, multi‐tasking, high demand, challenging environment
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management and across company functions
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Ensure ethics and integrity are the drivers to all decision making for the company
- Partner and manage external parties (regulators, external counsel, customers)
- Draft and maintain agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights for the company
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
- BSc degree in Law or J.D. degree
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an asset
- 15+ years of legal experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to standardize and organize company wide processes/initiatives
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality