Head of National Sales
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
About the role
Trunk Club is seeking an energetic, hands-on Head of National Sales to lead our team of national stylists. This role will entail hiring, development of staff and setting forth the processes, tools and metrics to deliver business results.
This person will be responsible for driving growth by optimizing the effectiveness of our national styling team, continuing to drive more efficiency while ensuring that we maintain an exceptional customer experience. You’ll work cross functionally with sales training, sales operations, marketing and other teams within Trunk Club to leverage the tools and infrastructure available to enhance productivity of your team and continue to grow team at scale.
A day in the life
- Providing strategic direction around optimizing the role of the national stylist (inside sales) team.
- Managing, mentoring and motivating the national stylist team to achieve goals, objectives and quotas.
- Collaborating with cross-functional leaders in field sales to optimize capacity model between the clubhouse team and national styling team.
- Partnering with HR to refine the recruiting strategy for future inside sales talent.
- Partnering with Marketing, Clubhouse Sales and HR to enhance effective new hire on-boarding and continuous education training programs to support sales success.
- Creating innovative ways to drive and expand sales into existing accounts and new business prospects.
- Creating and sustaining an exciting, high-performance work environment that helps inspire and motivate sales success.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience leading inside sales teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required.
- Experience successfully achieving results with an inside sales team in a retail or closely related category.
- Previous experience in a Sales Development and Inside Sales position.
- Strong leadership, people management, and team building skills necessary.
- Ability to articulate concepts clearly and document procedures.
- Aptitude for evaluation, problem solving, planning, and organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, changing environment.
You might like it here if...
- You have the ability to lead teams through organizational change while exceeding sales targets and improving operational excellence.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- You have experience defining and implementing transformational business strategies.
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to exercise judgment in prioritizing tasks in order to meet schedules and deadlines.
- You understand that “strategy” is directly paired with scrappiness, hard work, and getting your hands dirty
- You are both empathetic and influential to those you lead