Are you a self-starter? Do you want to work where you can make an immediate impact? Civis Analytics is looking for a HR Business Partner to join our team!
Civis Analytics was born on the campaign trail, with CEO Dan Wagner and our founding members spearheading the 2012 Obama for America analytics team. Since then, our DC and Chicago teams have been building software and growing rapidly among a steadily developing client base in education, energy, government, healthcare, media, nonprofits, and politics. It’s our mission to empower organizations to find truth and guide actions that will change their world for the better.
As an HR Business Partner, you work with your Business Leader(s) to implement talent strategies that enhance the employee experience while meeting the needs of the groups you support. Through active listening, sound advice and effective coaching, you build trusted relationships with leaders, managers and employees.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Talent & Performance Management
- Independently work with Business Leaders to assess talent; proactively make recommendation on talent acquisition needs and promotion readiness.
- Take an active role in the performance management process to ensure that employees receive timely, objective and actionable feedback.
- Monitor the progress of performance reviews to ensure 100% completion.
- Conduct exit interviews; provide feedback to your clients on key themes while maintaining the confidentiality of individuals.
- Willing to have difficult conversations with employees and managers to improve working relationships or address performance issues.
- Regularly attends strategic planning meetings, department or client leadership meetings to align HR initiative with operational initiatives. Make presentations to leadership on a regular basis.
- Coach and advise employees on problem resolution; help them identify solutions and encourage them to constructively resolve conflicts.
- Actively coach managers on how to address employee relations issues, provide timely and effective feedback of your observations to help improve their management skills.
- Support managers in employee discipline actions; provide advice and counsel on verbal conversations and written documentation to ensure feedback and expectations are clearly communicated and understood by both manager and employee. Attend discussions as necessary.
- Conduct 90 day check ins for new hires.
Learning & Development
- Partner with your managers to identify appropriate learning activities to meet the employees’ development needs.
- Facilitate internal events and programs as needed.
- Work with managers to Implement department specific on-boarding initiatives.
- Partner with your clients and the recruiters to define the talent needs for the organization.
- Work with the recruiter and the manager to determine the compensation package for candidates.
- Review the developmental needs identified during the interview process and work them into the employees’ development plans.
- Coordinate employee transfers or promotions into open positions, work with managers and supervisors to ensure smooth transitions.
HRIS and Metrics
- Keep the HRIS system up to date for your employee groups.- Utilize various HRIS reports to create routine and ad hoc reports for your needs, and your clients’ needs.
- Focus on your clients; acknowledge and/or respond to inquiries from clients and colleagues within 24 business hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field
- 7-10 years experience in HR with at least 3 in a business partner, consultative role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable presenting training sessions in a classroom setting
- Passion for multi-tasking and working in a fast paced environment
- Good team player, willing to roll up your sleeves to accomplish what needs to be done