Account Manager (Employee Benefits)
GCG Financial, LLC, is seeking an experienced Account Manager for our Employee Benefits team in our Chicago Loop office. This person will have experience as an Account Manager working in a Employee Benefits Brokerage, and will excel in providing the best-in-class strategic account development and service to existing clients while working collaboratively with Account Executives and Benefit Consultants.
The Account Manager coordinates the placement and service of employee benefits for GCG clients. This important position is client-facing and leverages competencies and advanced knowledge of benefits insurance services, HR administrative functions and plan design to best service GCG clients.
Our team of employees at GCG is highly motivated, innovative and passionate about providing an exceptional client experience. We look for individuals interested in growing with our firm and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment.
The GCG team is founded on 3 core principles: TRUSTED, SMART, and PASSIONATE. These key attributes apply to each one of our dynamic employees.
As a GCG Financial team member, you would carry out responsibilities that rely heavily on your ability to advocate for each unique client. Our clients trust us to work on their behalf with their needs and priorities in mind. As an account manager, you would be relied on to carry out the below responsibilities:
- Work with service team of manage and oversee new business and renewal processes by following workflow procedures and best practices
- Communicate with underwriters on submissions and negotiates premium, coverage, and other terms on behalf of clients
- Accurately maintain complete client files including the clear documentation of account detail in agency management systems, including policy information, activities, attachments and correspondence
As an industry-leading firm, GCG Financial consistently presents innovative, unique solutions to each of our valued clients. GCG is an Alera Group company, giving our clients national resources and expertise with localized, personalized touch. To lead in this area, you would be responsible for the below items:
- Work with producer and/or account executives, service team, and other internal departments to plan, execute and track customized service strategy for each client, designed to create measurable value and efficiencies in their business
- Create proposals, providing summary of programs and options, service plan and other specific deliverables designed to support clients in making decisions about insurance programs
- Analyze risk, coverage program structure and recommends options; executes coverage and program changes
- Evaluate coverage, terms and conditions of quotes received from underwriters; compares quote options from multiple carriers and presents coverage comparisons as requested
- Remain current on forms, coverage insurance carriers, industry trends and legislation
- Consistently follow client service workflows and appropriately engages internal resources such as process support team, procedure manuals and reporting tools to ensure efficiency and accuracy of execution
We’re passionate about meeting our client’s benefits plan needs. It’s our firmly-held belief that our success is measured by the strength of our relationships, and it’s vital that our team members carry that same passion and zeal. As a passionate team member, you’d be asked to do the following:
- Build personalized client relationships through demonstrated ownership of the service plan and multiple channels of communication such as phone, email and in-person meetings
- Oversee the accuracy and display of information in client portals; consults with and enacts client decisions on access to portal by their staff
- Work with internal departments and teams to ensure cohesiveness and timeliness of service execution, and creates report of service plan execution
- Take an enterprise-wide approach to client service by collaborating with other service teams to create a cohesive client service experience
- Create submissions for underwriters by engaging with clients and prospective clients on their exposures, coverages and program needs, assembling into submission package following best practices
- Develop and maintains positive working relationships with insurance carriers, attends meetings and events as appropriate and proactively learns about their products and underwriting approaches
- Train, guide and mentor Client Service Representatives and other peers while maintaining successful relationships with producers, account executives, client service representatives, service team members, managers, carriers and members of other departments
- Undergraduate college degree preferred
- Life and Health Insurance State License – required
- Professional Certification preferred (GBA, PHR, CLU, CEBS, CBP)
- Insurance carrier, benefits administration, and/or insurance brokerage experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the following:
- HMO, PPO, CDHP for health plans
- Wellness programs, dental, life, short and long term disability
- Regulatory environment of employee benefit plans
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with little or no supervision
- Computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint including strong proficiency in creating and verifying financial spreadsheets
- Strong relationship management skills and excellent customer service skills
- Highest integrity in regards to confidentiality of client data
GCG is a founding partner of Alera Group which was created by the merging of 24 high-performing, entrepreneurial firms making it the 7th largest privately held Employee Benefits firm in the nation. Alera Group’s unique business model is motivated by the desire to find a better way to serve clients nationally without losing the independent thinking and values of our founding firms. The organization has $240 million in annual revenues and more than 1000 employees in 65 offices across 48 states.