Arity-Sr Employee Engagement Consultant at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The role of the Arity Culture Team is exciting-to make Arity the best place to work. Our team focuses on four themes to make the Arity experience an authentic one: community, office environment, recognition, and team effectiveness. We gather feedback from our employees to create better programs for the people, by the people. As a member of this team, you can expect to work with creative, empathetic, and flexible people who are excited to bring their service-oriented work ethic to the team every day. This position is pretty cool-not only will you get to live the culture that lets everyone be their authentic self, but you get to help us create it. Interested in becoming part of the crew? Let's chat!
The Employee Engagement Senior Consultant is a highly visible role that supports the Creative Culture Leader of Arity. Responsibilities include supporting a cohesive culture in Arity, coordinating employee engagement across the office, and supporting a culture of innovation in the downtown Chicago office at the Merchandise Mart. In this role, this individual should demonstrate an ability to solve problems and have a startup and innovation mindset. This role is intended to understand the employee perspective, act as the eyes and ears for management with the goal of driving employee engagement, morale, and building culture.
In this role, this individual will be responsible for helping to create and advocate for an open innovative culture of thinking and doing business at Arity by assisting in developing, managing and executing projects supporting these values. Areas of focus will include optimizing the Mart work environment and seating, as well as supporting employee engagement and retention. To accomplish these objectives, this employee will become knowledgeable of the business objectives and employee strategies of the various areas at Arity. This employee will utilize subject matter knowledge to be a resource for team members on employee culture specifically in the tech space, researching trends, best practices and processes that contribute to supporting the business objectives of attracting and retaining the best talent, supporting a collaborative, innovative work environment, and supporting employees who create cutting edge products and services for Arity.
- Execute the Arity Recognition Strategy, including all company Recognition Standup meetings/events and Arity Verified recognition program.
- Support the Arity SCRUM environment, including managing the seating roster, logistics and working with hosts to create design documents for executing large scale SCRUM global meetings.
- Support global employee engagement, including working with hosts on design documents for logistics to ensure best practices are utilized during global meetings (President Meetings, EQR, etc).
- Support of the Mart physical working environment, inclusive of Arity's partnership with Allstate Real Estate
- Conduct office tours with Arity customers
- Execute Meetup strategy for Arity in support of recruiting strategy
- Capture Arity Culture data to measure how the team is provides value to Arity.
- 2+ years' experience in Organizational Development, Innovation, or Communication or a related field in a culture-related position
- A natural inclination to explore and use creativity and curiosity to problem solve
- Some knowledge of best practices in a startup experience or innovation programs, innovation and relevant strategies in employee engagement preferred
- Change agent with flexible work style & willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help the team win
- Some experience with change management, conflict management, and coaching/training
- Experience executing to the plan in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Skilled at promoting employee and guest engagement
- Event planning knowledge with proven experience executing amazing events
- Ability to build strong business relationships to achieve sustainable partnerships and collaborate internally and externally
- Demonstrates project management skills with proven ability to lead multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong strategic thinking & analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment