Benefits Manager at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub is looking for a Benefits Manager with 7-10 years of direct benefits administration experience to oversee various health and welfare benefits and 401(k) programs. If you are someone who is a self-starter, has excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment - this may be the perfect opportunity for you! This role reports to the Sr. Benefits Manager.
The Impact You Will Make
- Evaluates, develops and administers benefits programs, policies, and procedures
- Looks for ways to improve, optimize or automate processes
- Work with vendors/carriers/consultants as appropriate, to resolve escalated benefits related issues
- Monitor online enrollments and changes and perform audits as necessary
- Actively participate in the annual renewal process and strategy
- Assist with annual Open Enrollment process including development of materials, communications, system configuration, testing and auditing
- Manage 401(k) plan including resolving any issues and auditing to ensure compliance
- Assist with ensuring all benefit plan compliance requirements are met including testing, auditing, Form 5500 filings, required notices and 1095-C reporting/filing
- Manage all Workers Compensation claims and oversee OSHA filings.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related field
- 7-10 years of experience in direct benefit administration
- Strong working knowledge of FMLA, ADA, Workers’ Compensation, Affordable Health Care Act and federal and state laws regarding benefits (e.g. ERISA, Sec. 125, COBRA etc.)
- Proficiency with Excel for auditing purposes
- Ability to manage multiple critical, time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- 1-2 years people management experience
- CEBS and/or PHR /SHRM-CP Certification (preferred, but not required).
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]