Benefits Manager at Oak Street Health
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:47 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Manager, Benefits
The mission of Oak Street Health is to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
We are a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare.
The Oak Street model integrates outstanding clinical expertise, technology, and teamwork to deliver improved care quality and cost savings. These cost savings are then reinvested into care in our communities, creating a virtuous cycle of improving community health.
We are a national organization serving over 100,000 patients and we are growing rapidly . We are a diverse team of care providers, service team members, technologists, community outreach experts, business professionals, and more -- all dedicated to our Oaky Values and motivated by our mission. We're looking forward to getting to know you!
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com .
The Benefits Manager will manage Oak Street Health's Benefits Department, including the day-to-day administration and operations of all employee benefit and wellness programs. The role will work closely with the benefits staff, broker and benefits service center to ensure all benefit issues and questions are resolved in a timely manner and all benefit processes are running smoothly. The role serves as subject matter expert for the Workday-Benefits module and also partners with the VP, Total Rewards to research and implement new benefit and wellness programs.
- Oversees the administration of Oak Street Health's employee benefits program, including health plans, retirement plan, leave policies, life and ad&d insurance, flexible spending accounts, short and long-term disability, and wellness program.
- Manages benefits staff and vendor relationships, including external insurers, administrators, benefits support center and benefits broker. Escalates vendor issues within Oak Street and at vendor as needed.
- Maintains benefits staff results by coaching and counseling as needed; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Complies with federal, state, and local benefit legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Serves as Workday-Benefits subject matter expert. Troubleshoots and tests Workday-Benefits changes with third party Workday consultant for Annual Enrollment, vendor integrations, and any mid-year changes or fixes needed.
- Recommends benefits programs to management by studying employee requirements and trends and developments in benefits offered by other organizations.
- Resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
- Serves on wellness team and assists with back-end administration of program.
- Prepares and trains Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) on any changing or new benefit development.
- Maintains professional and technical benefits knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing work as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree required
- Benefits certification such as CEBS or CBP highly preferred
- Benefits experience at least 2-5+ years; at least one year of management or supervisory experience
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being "Oaky"
What does being "Oaky" look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.