Develop and manage employee benefits and wellness programs that positively impact the employee value proposition and culture at Paylocity. Apply strong breadth of industry knowledge and experience to hands-on management, delivering progressive strategy, design and infrastructure for benefits and related programs. Influences the direction of the overall benefit offerings.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyze, administer and project manage a variety of programs, including group health/dental/vision, 401(k), pre-tax accounts, accident & disability, life, wellness, compliance and other programs and events.
- Apply strong analytical skills to recommend programs and enhancements such as during insurance renewal and to meet other critical needs.
- Maintain leading edge industry knowledge to drive and influence initiatives; remain curious about and apply learnings from competitor programs while innovating on what is best for Paylocity.
- Negotiate coverage, services and costs with broker and other 3rd party partners, managing the relationships according to key deliverables and SLAs.
- Serve as subject matter expert for key deliverables in benefits and related programs.
- Partner with internal stakeholders such as technology for internal benefit initiatives, as well as marketing and L&D, and 3rd parties to ensure successful communication delivery and methods.
- Contribute to program strategy planning; conduct research and analysis for program development and implementation, ensuring legal compliance and audit delivery.
- Collaborate with the HRIS leader on the integration between the benefits and pay portals to leverage capabilities and maximize efficiencies in the management and administration of programs. Conduct testing and analysis as required.
- Identify and manage appropriate benchmarking resources, participation and utilization.
- Deliver and execute on the calendar of applicable benefits, wellness and related programs.
- Measure the effectiveness of programs and infrastructure, and develop ideas for continuous improvement.
- Oversee the tools, and process for providing education and resolving employee questions regarding benefits and HR programs while ensuring a positive and meaningful employee experience.
- Maintain on-line repository content and employee communication portal for applicable programs.
Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience
State the minimum education, experience, skills and certifications/training required to successfully perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in benefits, including 2+ years of management.
- Ability to influence the direction of benefits offerings for the company and the platform.
- Proven depth of knowledge in benefits program principles, best practices and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Proven success in the development and continuous improvement of processes, programs and procedures that enable the business.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully take ownership of program life cycle from research/analysis to rollout and administration, including costing, design and gaining buy-in.
- Strong analytic and process mind-set with insatiable curiosity and ability to resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrated critical and creative thinking.
- Technical skills and competency working with HRIS platforms.