The role of Chief Diversity Officer will report to the Chief Human Resources Officer and be charged with directing and amplifying CSG's diversity and inclusion journey. Charged with developing and executing a strategic plan around advancing diversity and inclusion across our operations, this person will be responsible for managing and influencing the company's global strategy while keeping CSG aware and ahead of external trends. This role requires a collaborative leader comfortable with interacting at and engaging with all levels throughout an organization, from C-suite to frontline; the ability to influence without direct control is crucial to the success of this role given its wide-ranging impact across CSG's culture, business strategy, employee-engagement, employer-branding and talent-development efforts.
- Partner with business leaders in various verticals and global locations, along with C-suite members and HR, to develop and promote diversity and inclusion plans, programs, KPIs and dashboards.
- Generate deep data-driven analyses of CSG's various global locations to determine specific metrics by location, and influence business strategy and local leadership to achieve a diverse workforce more reflective of local populations.
- Draw direct connections between diversity and inclusion goals and business objectives, demonstrating the positive impact of a diverse and inclusive workforce on CSG's business operations and ability to attract customers and prospective hires, as well as our customer and vendor selection process.
- Create and ensure focus on diverse talent recruitment, development and internal movement.
- Promote inclusion among CSG leaders at all levels to encourage use of inclusive behaviors and language.
- Partner with leadership and HR to establish and drive management accountability in performance and compensation systems.
- Identify target organizations and form partnerships to more firmly establish CSG as an employer of choice for diverse candidates, further CSG's diversity and inclusion goals and reinforce an external public-relations image of CSG as a welcoming and collaborative global company.
- Establish and interact with internal Advisory Councils to further amplify internal diverse voices and gain feedback regarding the employee experience.
- Collaborate with Employee & Organizational Development team to integrate diversity and inclusion awareness, coaching, tools and resources into leader and employee training.
- Integrate diversity and inclusion efforts with those of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) stakeholders to further corporate responsibility campaigns internally, as well as broadcast results externally to shareholders, customers (both existing and potential), vendors (both existing and potential) and media outlets when applicable.
- Highly effective collaborative skills that enable solid levels of influence at all levels, from C-suite to frontline management, without direct control over resources.
- Deep level of aptitude in using critical thinking to balance data-driven insights against diversity and inclusion trends to make positive and grounded decisions and recommendations to further company's diversity and inclusion strategy and performance.
- Ability to work seamlessly across multiple departments and verticals, addressing and customizing individual needs and goals while aligning to overall company strategy and direction, as well as veto or influence away from decisions that could negatively impact diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Strong knowledge of – or willingness to quickly learn – global employee relations and EEO and compliance laws/regulations and programs in multiple countries and locations.
- Deep understanding of diversity and inclusion discipline and capacity to display innovative thought-leadership in the space.
- Effective and active listening skills to take in stakeholders' ideas, feedback and varying points of view before making decisions or advocating for specific action plans, gaining support during the process.
- World-class communication skills covering a variety of settings and global locations, including CEO, C-suite and Board of Directors; internal leaders and customers; external partner organizations; vendors; customers; and potentially media outlets and public speaking opportunities.
- Understanding of and exposure to talent management practices, including talent acquisition, journey orchestration and internal mobility/promotion.