Compensation & Benefits Specialist at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
This role is responsible for supporting the development and execution of total rewards processes and programs for Peapod Digital Labs. They will serve as a key coordinator for the company around compensation, benefits, and wellness programs, lead work related to these activities, and partner closely with the central compensation and benefits administration/support at Retail Business Services to ensure appropriate service levels are met. Expectation of this role includes Total Rewards project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, communication, compliance, and budget management. With a focus on ensuring that compensation and benefits programs attract, retain and motivate employees, this role will also play a key role in designing creative and proactive total rewards strategies for Peapod Digital Labs.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- In conjunction with PDL HR team members, design Total Rewards strategies and plans in support of business goals and work to continuously improve current offerings. This includes recommending changes and enhancements, analyzing performance, and tracking offerings to ensure a equitable and consistent program is offered.
- Identify best-in-class solutions to support the effectiveness of existing compensation and benefit programs and proactively recommend new developments, revisions and improvements to HR / PDL Leadership to better support business objectives
- Lead Total Reward projects ensuring activities and tasks are completed on time and on budget. Secures resources to ensure projects are staffed and if required, determine if outside consultants are needed.
- Takes a hands-on lead role on project management for annual compensation and benefit processes, such as merit planning, incentive program management, benefits program review, vendor performance, annual benefits enrollment, and new offerings.
- Works with the Retail Business Services Total Reward Administrations group on a variety of research and analysis efforts to ensure Total Rewards programs stay competitive to the market and are cost effective to the organization.
- Serves as PDL’s subject matter expert on total rewards programs, and has strong proficiency in Total Rewards processes, procedures, systems and policies. Leads communication and messaging of these programs, in conjunction with PDL Communications and HR Business Partner groups.
- Demonstrate caring for employee’s needs with empathy and respect.
- Partners closely with organization’s applicable business resource groups to further goals of total rewards with these constituencies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other Ahold Delhaize total rewards brand professionals without compromising proprietary information.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- 4+ years of Compensation and/or Benefits experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills required.
- Human Resource Certification (CCP, SHRM, CBP, CEBS, etc) strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable regulatory, legal requirements and reporting, including ACA, COBRA, EEO, ERISA, HIPAA, FLSA, FMLA, and GINA.
- HR systems knowledge.
- Reporting tools knowledge.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- A master collaborator with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to champion internal initiatives across the organization. Strong ability to negotiate and influence.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to synthesize large amounts of data from multiple sources into coherent analysis and recommendation.
- Intermediate MS Office, Visio and Project skills, with proven experience on creating and managing project plans.
- Strong sense of accountability, sound personal judgement and business acumen.
- Able to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals and manage through ambiguity; demonstrate grace under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Can work independently.
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.