Compensation Regulatory Specialist
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big - pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago, the Guaranteed Rate Companies have over 5,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S. and we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
Guaranteed Rate is working to reinvent the mortgage experience through innovation, technology and a relentless focus on providing industry-leading mortgage products and superlative customer service. The Compensation Regulatory Specialist will embrace these efforts by supporting the Guaranteed Rate legal and compliance teams on compensation and employment matters and other special projects. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, solve problems creatively, prioritize relentlessly, exercise business judgment soundly, and operate with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Compensation and employment related tasks including drafting and managing employment agreements, compensation plans and related addenda for employees of Guaranteed Rate and its affiliated companies.
- Act as a liaison between business operations, finance, human resources, compliance and legal departments for Guaranteed Rate with respect to compensation matters.
- Manage contract forms and terms and conditions of employment.
- 3+ years of experience managing or preparing contracts, commission plans and/or employment agreements.
- Experience with sales compensation, employment and human resources matters is preferred.
- Familiarity with mortgage loan origination and regulatory compliance, including the Loan Officer Compensation Rule, 12 CFR § 1026.36(d)-(e) is a significant advantage.
- Ability to complete projects under tight timelines.
- Willingness to learn the business and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Dependable, discrete and trustworthy.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic.
- Clear, concise and persuasive oral and written communication skills.
- Solid business acumen with ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally.
- Proven track record of multi-tasking and working under a heavy workload with changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Resilient with a sense of humor.
- Skilled at Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Local candidates only.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.