Director of Compensation and Benefits at Paylocity
- The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evaluate, and modify compensation and benefits policies to ensure programs are in line with market practices, competitive, and in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Manage the administration of compensation programs, including the annual salary administration process, bonus programs, commission payments, etc
- Develop effective and compelling compensation and benefits training and communications strategies, tools and processes to optimize perceived value, improve employee engagement and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Lead the annual salary review process, recommend merit and promotion budgets and annual equity incentives
- Foster strong relationships with the external vendors, such as insurance providers and brokers to ensure best service and fees
- Oversee all areas associated with the administration of colleague benefits programs, such as: 401(k) savings plan, health insurance, dental, disability, basic and voluntary life insurance, employee assistance program, workers’ compensation and wellness programs
- Lead a team of compensation and benefits professionals providing training, coaching, and development
- Oversee benefits and compensation plans to meet regulatory compliance and governance/audit requirements
- Ensure Total Reward programs are competitive, sustainable, scalable, and have a positive impact on the short and long term performance of the organization
- Partner with Finance in regards to budget planning, benefits and retirement costs
- Develop training programs to educate leaders, managers and colleagues on the company's compensation and benefits programs
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Finance
- Certified Compensation Professional or Certified Benefits Professional is preferred
- 5-7 years leading and developing a team
- 10+ years’ experience performing compensation analysis, benefits administration and working with rewards systems
- Strong service orientation and vendor relationship skills
- Ability to interact and consult with senior management
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced, growing environment with shifting priorities while executing the compensation strategy