Director, Compensation & Benefits at GoHealth
The Director, Compensation & Benefits manages the strategic direction, implementation, and management of both Compensation and Benefits programs for GoHealth. You will manage the implementation, daily administration, and communication of GoHealth's s compensation and benefits programs to ensure understanding of company and HR strategy, and compliance with the applicable U.S. and state governmental regulations.
Manage processes for compensation programs, including merit and incentives. Consult with all levels in the organization regarding pay management practices, organizational structure issues, trends, and innovative and industry best practices. You will provide functional expertise to support the analysis of the market and competitive equity programs. You will report to the CHRO and work with executive members, Finance, HRIS, and vendor or broker representatives.Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Benchmark all compensation programs and recommends compensation structures and plans to ensure internal equity and market competitiveness
- Manage the compensation cycle, including completion of a balanced portfolio of surveys, annual benchmarking, and creation of salary structures
- Manage compensation plan designs and programs for levels including Executive Comp and Stock Plan Administration
- Oversee evaluation and market assessment of jobs using GoHealth methodology and job architecture and make recommendations for new hires and promotions
- Direct the annual merit and bonus process and manage the severance process
- Manage the vendor relationships of the equity program components. The equity award and administration process involve outside vendors to whom GoHealth has outsourced portions of award(s) administration. Requires accurate "uploading" of approved awards for inclusion in the vendor's management system. Responsible for the accuracy and timely updating of all award and participant data. Manage in-house administration of all long term and equity awards. This is managed through collaboration with finance, payroll and human resources. Requires the tracking, validation and payment of target awards following the completion of the applicable performance period and receipt of audited financials.
- Manage the coordination of quarterly grant payments between the stock administration vendor and the transfer agent. Coordinate with the finance department to ensure that appropriate entries are made for accumulated dividends for outstanding restricted stock units.
- Manage the documentation and communication processes associated with the approved Long-Term Incentive program company-wide. This includes the individual communication packages associated with all equity awards.
- Develop compensation communications and educational materials to ensure that compensation programs are understood and valued by all partners
- Develop and implement reward strategy to include: salary benchmarking, retirement arrangements, benefits management, and annual compensation events such as salary and bonus review
- Oversee compliance for all compensation, benefit, and mobility programs. This includes Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Affordable Care Act (ACA), Pension Protection Act (PPA), Internal Revenue Code, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and immigration law.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree or Masters/Graduate or MBA; (preferred field of study: Accounting, HR, Business or similar)
- Proficient Excel (pivot tables), MS Office, and HRIS platform skills
- 8+ years of progressive compensation and benefits management experience. Managing compensation (including executive), benefit, equity, and retirement programs
- In-depth knowledge of equity components, experience of equity program development and administration.
- Discrete and customer-focused with the ability to work with all department levels
Benefits and Perks
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities' and the CDC