Director, Executive Search | Talent Acquisition at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Director, Executive Search | Talent Acquisition In Chicago, IL
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Director, Executive Search | Talent Acquisition, to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
In this role, the Director, Executive Search will partner with our leadership team in building the foundation for an internal executive search function as we prepare to scale our leadership ranks across the organization.
Could this be you?
In this critical leadership role on our Talent Acquisition team, you will develop a scalable executive recruiting strategy for our most senior talent needs on technical and non-technical teams. You'll manage the entire candidate process from pipeline generation to offer acceptance, partnering closely with our leaders across the organization on hiring and talent mapping. You’ll be trusted to own and drive a strategic partnership with business leaders and to attract exceptional talent with a focus on our core values of Getting Stuff Done, Innovation, and Building Relationships.
How you can make a difference:
- Crafting and executing creative talent sourcing and recruiting campaigns that scale for attracting diverse talent
- Generating interest with potential candidates through active networking within a wide range of professional and industry-specific organizations
- Collaborating with Talent and business leaders to develop a strong understanding of our business model and executive talent needs and leveraging that knowledge to conduct thorough candidate screens and assess role alignment
- Identifying relevant industry trends or market obstacles and proactively communicating to leadership including market findings, candidate reaction to the opportunity, compensation data, etc.
- Validating potential candidates through conducting reference and source calls
- Expanding and refining our candidate database to build a reliable funnel for executive-level talent
- Building strategic and equitable search strategies that recognize diversity and skill gaps in concert with our Talent Development and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion teams
- Championing an outstanding process experience for candidates and our business partners
- Collaborating effectively across the organization to continuously earn trust and establish strong relationships that position Talent Acquisition as a critical partner
Skills for success:
- You have the ability to observe and ask questions to fully understand the issue; you can synthesize information from a variety of internal and external sources despite possibly having ambiguous or incomplete candidate information
- Strong communication skills with a focus on consistent and timely follow-up and follow-through, and an innate ability to build rapport with candidates
- You can listen and understand the talent needs of our business partners and bring them to fruition
- You keep up to date with technology and can relate to a diverse candidate population and internal teams
- You take an end-to-end view of each search and the required resources to be successful; your sense of urgency compels you to work at pace and with attention to detail while managing competing deadlines and priorities
- A bias for action and pragmatic, yet creative, “outside the box” solutions that prove you to be a valuable business partner
- You have an unparalleled sense of urgency and commitment to getting stuff done without sacrificing quality or experience
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and can manage multiple competing priorities while continuing to advance critical initiatives
- A deep passion for building effective and high-performing teams
- Sound judgment when working through complex issues and when handling confidential information
- You are self-assured and have a high tolerance for ambiguity and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A low ego and humility is critical, with the ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change:
- 8+ years of recruiting experience; preferably in executive search or professional services
- Experience working in-house, partnering closely with cross-functional team members including Talent partners, fellow recruiters, sourcers, and coordinators alike
- Ability to work with--and influence--multiple facets of the organization (i.e. across function, level, location, etc.) and tailor communication based on the audience
- Healthcare industry expertise or personal interest in/connection to the healthcare industry
- Excellent ability to relate to candidates focusing on both personal interests and technical experience and capabilities
- Excitement and passion for healthcare and being part of a close-knit, entrepreneurial team
- An aptitude for using data and reports to educate and influence leaders throughout the recruitment process
- Sourcing skills that extend beyond LinkedIn; advanced web recruiting skills preferred
- Extreme flexibility and the desire to be a key contributor to an energetic and passionate team of recruiters
- Ability to travel occasionally to support recruiting across our markets
- Bachelor’s degree required
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.