Director, HR Operations at Litera
Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving more than 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recognized as one of the best places to work, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
The Opportunity: We are seeking a detail oriented and analytical Director, HR Operations to provide support for the HR team and the entire organization, including but not limited to: HRIS data administration and hygiene, global HR reporting and analytics, preparing and analyzing survey data, conducting HR audits to ensure compliance and helping the finance team with financial audits, maintaining HR Dashboard metrics, reviewing and implementing policies and procedures and helping with budgeting. The Director, HR Operations has experience in designing effective and efficient HR processes and operations and a talent for analyzing complex data and telling the business story as well as solving problems through the data. The right candidate will possess a strong operational and process mindset, and the ability to scale the team and processes through growth over the next few years. This person recognizes there are always ways to do things better and is excited by that challenge. It will be essential for this person to have a strategic mind and proactive manner, with a focus on innovation, efficiency, and the people experience.
A Day in the Life:
- Provide vision and focus on innovation through automation, process improvement and system enhancements, while continuously improving efficiencies
- Drive overall strategy for development of a wide variety of people reports, dashboards, and executive scorecards for business leaders to determine predictive trends and make effective business decisions regarding people strategies
- Maintain internal HR Information System (ADP Workforce Now) and databases
- Provide operational support to HR teams during Performance Review cycles to track progress, combine performance review data, set calibration agendas, and provide analytics to senior management.
- Project manage HR initiatives to completion, such as HR integration of newly acquired companies, HR systems implementations
- Work with Chief People Officer and VP of HR to maintain the company organization chart, which is tied to the financial forecast and headcount budget.
- Conduct regular HR audits to ensure all necessary employee documentation on file is up to date and secure.
- Review current policies and programs and look for areas to improve and update
- Assist VP of HR and other senior leaders with special projects, as needed.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete our New Hire Onboarding process.
- Meet the People team and key individuals across the organization to learn the nuts and bolts of our business, and where we’re going.
- Familiarize yourself with our HR technology, including ADP Workforce Now, Jobvite Applicant Tracking System, Learn.Litera Learning Management System, TinyPulse Engagement Tool, Benefits portals, Microsoft Teams, RingCentral, etc.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Spend time with HR team to come up to speed on key metrics such as: attrition, diversity & inclusion metrics, EEOC reporting, etc. along with standard documentation such as Offer Letters, Performance Improvement Plans, Severance Agreements, etc.
- Review, update and cleanse data in systems
- Spend time with Recruiting team to come up to speed on Jobvite reporting functionality.
- Work with HR team to lay out pulse surveys for the remainder of the year.
- Come up to speed on all country specific and state specific regulations and labor laws.
- Provide Chief People Officer and VP of HR with weekly recruiting, HR and L&D reports.
- Manage strategic HR initiatives such as HR integration of newly acquired organizations.
- Help Manager, HR compile and analyze data for monthly Talent Meetings.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Fully manage and QC all global HR systems to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Provide assistance during Redundancy processes or Reduction in Force, as needed.
- Work with leaders on areas of improvement to automate processes
- Create HR and Executive Dashboards for business to consume
- Review and update Employee Handbooks, and all HR templates.
- Provide assistance to Chief People Officer during company budget process.
- You have experience providing HR operational duties to a company over 1000 FTEs.
- You have experience working with a globally dispersed workforce.
- You excel in rapidly changing environments.
- You are oddly excited by data and are freakishly fixated on the small details to ensure quality.
- You have experience in a variety of HR systems.
- You have had exposure to PE firms, M&A and/or rapid growth at an organization.
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated leadership skills, good judgement, and ability to effectively interface with employees and leaders at all levels
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to articulate complex issues to stakeholders and senior leaders
- Proven ability to influence and drive change aligning people strategy with business goals
- Knowledge of employment laws, regulations, practices, and immigration matters
What Sets us Apart?
- Exposure to PE firm, M&A and rapid growth.
- Direct exposure to Sr Leadership team and ability to influence at the Executive level.
- Ability to directly influence people programs for a global organization.
- Super laid-back environment where hustle goes a long way and work is enjoyable.
- Great opportunity to get into a fast-growing company and build something big.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/FSA plus company sponsored STD, LTD and Life insurance.
- No-wait, 401k plan with generous company match.
- You’ll be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills.
- Regular social & philanthropic events.