Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Specialist at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
As the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Specialist you will work with stakeholders and leaders across the entire organization and our great local grocery brands, ensuring diversity & inclusion programs are well managed, implemented effectively, measured and reviewed for effectiveness and impact. This role will also ensure the profile of all these programs are clearly articulated across Peapod Digital Labs and reinforce our internal and external commitments.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Cultivate collaborative internal relationships within business units and great local brands.
- Collaborate with director to define success measures for D&I programs. Support creation and ongoing development of D&I scorecards.
- Partner with Corporate Communications to ensure that initiatives are communicated inclusively through a range of channels to inspire, influence and engage associates, future candidates and external organizations, including customers, suppliers and partners.
- Manage our business resource groups, to continue to evolve a sustainable framework for ongoing BRG management, and to help BRGs add maximum value to D&I effort and business impact. Responsible to develop and operationalizing of BRG policies, toolkits, guidelines, and templates. Provide effective guidance and coaching to BRG leaders, ensuring alignment and integration of BRG strategic plans, budgets, and programming. Provide program management support for heavy-lift BRG initiatives. Provide framework and guidance for BRG membership records, budget, and expense management
- Influence and inspire groups to drive tangible operational change, as well as awareness, education and engagement events. Provides recommendations and input in the development and/or enhancement of new and existing company policies/procedures, and practices.
- Provides proactive educational programs to support the company's commitment to diversity & inclusion. Able to facilitate and lead D&I trainings and conversations
- Own and drive current partnerships with local and national organizations. Identify and build relationships with external partners and organizations to share knowledge and expertise to help drive continuous improvement as well as review current partnerships. Oversee external D&I benchmarking submissions e.g. Human Rights Equality Index.
- Remain up to date with D&I best practice, trends and legislation and propose new ideas to support continuous improvement on our D&I strategy. Advise on ad-hoc D&I queries from the business.
- This role supports the D&I Lead on the US diversity & inclusion budget.
- Work closely with business resource groups, communications teams, supplier diversity, associates of the great local brands and must maintain effective relationships with external partnerships.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 5+ years of experience working in Diversity & Inclusion or related area
- Bachelor's degree
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite knowledge (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Excel Analytics, and SharePoint
- Proven experience leading projects (i.e. project management experience)
- Decision making ability
- Specific experience developing and leading diversity & inclusion initiatives
- Strong oral and written communication
- Strong presentation skills
- Strategic planning experience
- Training and faciliation experience
- Financial and budgeting skills
- Collaborative and a team player
- Customer centric
- Takes initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Has a curious mindset
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.