Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
About the HR Team
We are a close knit HR team focused on providing the best possible experience for all prospective candidates and current employees. We act as a strategic business partner to hiring managers across the company to assist in all of their human development and recruiting needs. With our ever growing recruiting goals, we are highly proactive in nature. Be prepared to take on an exciting challenge!
What you’ll do
- Understands the goals and priorities of our corporate business partners and provides appropriate information, coaching and HR expertise to support achieving business objectives.
- Supports the development and execution of a talent plan to achieve business goals.
- Builds strong relationships with both employees and business leaders across the organization
- Supports change management and employee engagement efforts
- Delivers exemplary customer service through strong ownership and professionalism
- Collaborates with business partners to support recruitment and retention efforts.
- Works with team to manage employee issues by mediating conflicts, conducting investigations and reaching appropriate resolutions
- Coordinates HR communication and administration of various HR functions/duties for all Trunk Club Clubhouses. Makes recommendations for efficiencies as appropriate.
- Plans, facilitates and/or executes multiple assigned projects simultaneously.
- Collaborates with HR business partners (for example, Risk Management, HR Compliance, etc.) to ensure outcomes align with priorities and direction, including managers and employees comply with all state, federal and local legal requirements.
Who you are
- 3 years of relevant HR experience preferred
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve employee issues with professionalism and sensitivity
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in HRIS systems
How we work
- With others. Work closely with leaders across the organization to build teams and support who collectively make up our curious and collaborative culture.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffeeshop!