HR Business Partner
What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
What we are looking for
As an HR Business Partner, you work with your Business Leader(s) to implement talent strategies that enhance the employee experience while meeting the needs of the groups you support. Through active listening, sound advice, and effective coaching, you build trusted relationships with leaders, managers, and employees.
- Independently work with Business Leaders to assess talent; proactively make recommendations on talent acquisition needs and promotion readiness
- Take an active role in the performance management process to ensure that employees receive timely, objective, and actionable feedback
- Regularly attend strategic planning meetings, department, or client leadership meetings to align HR initiatives with operational initiatives. Make presentations to leadership on a regular basis
- Coach and advise employees and leaders on problem resolution; help them identify solutions and encourage them to constructively resolve conflicts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 7-10 years experience in HR with at least 3 years in a business partner, consultative role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable presenting material to both large and small groups
- Passion for multitasking and working in a fast-paced environment
- Good team player, willing to roll up your sleeves to accomplish what needs to be done
- US work authorization required
- Experience in a start-up in the tech or data science field
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW