HR Data Administrator
Tribune Publishing - publisher of award-winning titles such as Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel and numerous others - is looking for an HR Data Administrator to join our Workforce Data & Analytics team in our Chicago headquarters, one of the “Coolest Offices” in Chicago. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, has a track record of translating insights into actions, demonstrates a curious and experimental spirit, preferably knowledge of Workday or similar HRIS and thrives on continual improvement.
- A comprehensive rewards package - we know that salary alone isn’t all you’re looking for, which is why we provide a 401(k) plan with match, and offer great medical, dental, and vision insurance - we even pay for your life insurance. We offer employees access to coordinated discounts and perks through an outside agreement, as well as allow time off during the year to help you achieve work/life balance.
- A supportive work environment - we value our department culture, founded on bright people with passion for their work.
- An innovative and collaborative team that listens and implements great ideas, no matter where in the department they come from – team members of all levels are respected and heard.
Tribune Publishing Company (TPCO) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing Company operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Virginia’s Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot, The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant.
Tribune Publishing Company also operates Tribune Content Agency (TCA) and the Daily Meal and is majority owner of BestReviews.
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
- Maintain accurate data in Workday, our HRIS, by reviewing, adding, updating and deleting information as necessary
- Process various employee changes in Workday
- Process complex separation agreements accurately
- Responsible for answering Workday Service Center phone calls and responding to requests in a timely manner
- Refer non-routine questions or problems to manager
- Monitor the Workday mailbox and answering all inquiries from employees, managers and human resource professionals to resolve any problems and ensure the highest degree of customer satisfaction
- Work closely with both Payroll and Benefits to ensure smooth flow of HR data for pay and benefits-eligibility purposes
- Create and run reports using Workday as needed
- File, copy, fax and e-mail items as required
- Suggest opportunities for efficiency and streamlining processes
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs – especially the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets in Excel
- Knowledge of Workday or similar HRIS system required
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision
- Strong teamwork orientation