HR Generalist (Leaves and Accommodations) at KeHE Distributors
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Corporate Human Resources department has an immediate opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist to join the talented and high performing Human Resources Operations Excellence team. This position's work type is hybrid, with the expectation to work out of our Naperville, Illinois office no more than two (2) days each week. This position reports directly to the Human Resources Compliance Manager. Under general supervision, the primary responsibility for the Human Resources Generalist will be to oversee the leaves of absence program for all employees in the Company.
We are seeking a driven, creative HR professional with an extraordinary attention to detail, superb organizational skills, broad/generalist Human Resources knowledge and deep understanding of leave management laws and processes.
Accountabilities are accomplished through working collaboratively with various Human Resources teams to foster an environment consistent with KeHE's Culture, Mission and Values.
- Collaborate with our third-party leave administrator and Human Resources Business Partners to effectively manage the Company-wide Leaves of Absence program (e.g. Family Medical Leave, Company-sponsored leaves, Military and Workers' Compensation).
- Serve as a Leaves of Absence and Accommodations (ADA) subject matter expert and provide consultation and coaching to Human Resources Business Partners.
- Provide accurate and timely consultation to employees prior to their leave of absence regarding leave policies, appropriate leave protections, use of paid time off, and other employer benefits.
- Provide employees with initial documentation regarding their leave of absence, which includes the Leaves of Absence process and next steps, and state specific notices, as applicable.
- Works in conjunction with Corporate Payroll, Benefits, and Workers' Compensation teams to coordinate and communicate benefits to leadership and employees.
- Investigate and partner with our third-party leave administrator on escalated issues as appropriate.
- Coordinates the employee's return to work among all parties on a need-to-know basis.
- Provide routine and ad-hoc reports and analysis to leadership and Human Resources Business Partners on leaves of absence activities, trends, and other related issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws applicable to leaves of absence, including their interaction with ADA/ADAAA.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in verbal and written communications.
- Assist with and complete special projects on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field is preferred or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2-4 years generalist Human Resources experience.
- Minimum 1-year experience in leave management.
- Have a deep understanding of FMLA, ADA/ADAAA, and nationwide statutory leaves laws.
- Proficient in a Human Capital Management system is a must; Experience with UKG Pro (UltiPro) is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Excel (e.g. pivot tables and vlookups, etc.) a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work successfully under pressure and handle multiple highly sensitive issues and competing priorities.
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross functional environment
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Contribute and support to the overall goals of the Human Resources Operations Excellence team.
- Capability of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints.
- Able to work effectively with peers, region and corporate leadership, and the Corporate/Commercial Sales/Operations teams in a productive, collaborative environment coupled with the ability to be decisive is needed.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.