We are seeking an individual to provides Human Resources support to assigned function(s), including but not limited to, orientation and onboarding, employee relations, project management, leaves of absence, talent development, and assisting in the coordination of human resource planning initiatives. This position will support both call center and corporate functional teams.
You will report to Kelly Garst, Senior Director, HR & Talent
What you will contribute:
- Provide day to day business HR partnership and consultation with assigned functional team(s).
- Provide coaching to management on effective ways to participate in HR programs and manage employee issues.
- Partner with cross-functional HR peers, HR centers of excellence and other business support functions including but not limited to, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Payroll, Benefits, Employee Relations and Legal.
- Conduct new employee orientation and provide onboarding support as necessary.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs. Answer HR-related questions on policy interpretation and application
- Support HR programs and processes such as the performance management and merit review processes and other employee-related programs.
- Manage leaves of absences and short-term/long-term disability cases, including communication with employees, management, and third party vendor
- Administer workers' compensation program including reporting injuries and claims
- Assist with call center seasonal hiring when needed, including but not limited to: recruiting, interviewing, testing and selecting employees to fill vacant positions.
What we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business or related field; minimum of 2 years of prior HR experience.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, including knowledge of EEOC, ADA, and FMLA.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and HR systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Effective presentation skills in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize with a strong sense of urgency
- Must be flexible, receptive to change, and can adapt to changing business needs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated general understanding of various benefit programs; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, leaves of absence and worker's compensation.
- Demonstrated experience in employee relations and management coaching
- Strong consulting relationships and influence business leaders through coaching and partnership
What we offer:
- An environment of positive change--where you can truly make a difference
- Exciting opportunity to be a part of an HR team that encourages out-of-the-box thinking and autonomy
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed, casual work environment.
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership. #LI-DM