At Neon One, HR is focused on understanding what people need and knowing how to provide it. If you’re a people-person looking to further a career in the exciting world of HR, this is the best place to dive in. Neon One is growing rapidly and offers plenty of career growth and learning opportunities. We will shortly be moving to an amazing office in Ravenswood and offer an energetic and flexible environment with great benefits.
We’re in search of a qualified and resourceful HR generalist to support our HR team in ensuring smooth and efficient business operations. The HR generalist will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, helping us to plan and administer important functions, such as on/offboarding, employee relations and engagement, and compensation and benefits. At Neon One we understand that our business thrives when our people thrive, and that starts by hiring the right HR professionals.
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience.
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters.
- Administer compensation and benefit plans with the help of our corporate brokers.
- Manage and plan our annual employee engagement calendar.
- Liaise with payroll to ensure all changes are communicated to them in time.
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes, if needed.
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve the efficiency of HR department and organization as a whole, and to improve employee experience.
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field
- Additional HR training or experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Good knowledge of HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- Strong detail-oriented and organizational mindset
- Knowledge of HR federal laws and regulations
- 80% of our team comes from a nonprofit background, and we’re driven to help our clients make a difference in the world
- Collaborative office environment that welcomes fresh ideas and allows you to make an impact
- Great company culture
- INC. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Companies for three consecutive years
- Benefits include health/dental insurance, vacations, sick days, family leave, 401k with company match, pre-tax transit benefit program
- Casual work environment, weekly staff social hour, regular company outings, and a convenient Ravenswood location with parking and close to public transit (CTA Brown & Metra UP-N Lines)