HR Jr. Generalist
Who we are:
Guaranteed Rate, one of the largest and the fastest growing independent mortgage companies in the U.S., is an industry leader in delivering low rate, low fee mortgages with unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago, we have more than 3,100 employees in 190+ offices nationwide. Our company is the 8th largest retail lender in the country and has recently been recognized in Inc. magazine as a top private job creator.
At Guaranteed Rate, we’ve built a corporate culture that places an emphasis on achieving success through career development, as well as through individual wellness and a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
We offer our employees attractive compensation plans combined with a benefits package that includes health, medical, dental, vision and a 401K matching plan.
We are currently seeking an intelligent, good-humored and compulsively productive Jr. Generalist to join our innovative and passionate Human Resources team in Chicago. Evolving to a Generalist role (quickly) will be our shared goal.
Provide direct support to the Human Resources Managers and a defined division of GR.
- Produce offer letters and prepare pre-hire and new hire paperwork
- Work closely with various stakeholders in the recruiting and on-boarding areas
- Maintain employee records in ADP Workforce Now; facilitate transfers, terminations and changes
- After training you’ll assist Managers with terminations and employee relations
- Work with the entire HR team on employee benefits
- Build relationships with GR employees and your division
- Provide exceptional customer service to our people
- Some HR experience, is useful, but the desire to learn is more important
- Some understanding of the world of employee benefits and employee relations
- Service-First mindset and genuinely pleasant attitude
- General knowledge of employment policies helpful
- Ability to type at least 40wpm
- Quick-learner who is able to succeed in a super-fast environment
- Highly proficient utilizing all Microsoft Office programs (specifically Word, Outlook, Excel)
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.