HR Manager at Braintree
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The PayPal HR team is looking for a top-notch HR Manager to support their Chicago office. With a rapidly growing site of currently 650+ of employees across a variety of business functions of Venmo Operations, Braintree Engineering, Merchant Support, Risk & Underwriting, Sales & Accounts, Marketing etc. this person will build relationships with managers, employees and site leaders while liaising with the global HR team. Your will become our resident expert in Employee Relations, manager education and development, performance management and employee engagement. Your responsibilities will include leading issue resolution and best practices for the Chicago site, developing manager training, owning/participating in site engagement and D&I activities, and supporting organizational realignment and analytics.
- Impeccable integrity with personal and professional values that are consistent with PayPal’s
- Results driven individual who can produce outcomes
- Build credibility and trust with employees across all levels of the site
- Effective communicator who can tailor their communication style as needed
- Critical thinker who can navigate through a high degree of complexity and ambiguity
- Empathetic individual who can coach employees and managers through complex situations
- Coach managers on individual & team performance
- Develop and deliver manager training on performance evaluation and management, coaching and delivering feedback, HR tools and general best practices
- Champion of site engagement by partnering with site leaders on culture activity, diversity & inclusion initiatives and solutions to enhance the employee experience
- Together with the business-aligned HRBPs, you’ll support business reorganizations and restructures
- Support deployment of global HR programs such as the annual performance & rewards cycle, talent calibration & reviews and the employee listening survey
- Deliver anecdotal and analytical insights to improve manager and employee experiences and effectiveness
- This candidate will have 3 to 5 years of relevant experience. You don’t need experience in all of the areas above, but you must have strong experience in partnering with managers to increase individual and team effectiveness
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or equivalent experience
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.