Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The PayPal HR team is looking for a top-notch HR Manager to support their Chicago office. With a rapidly growing site of currently 800+ of employees across a variety of business functions of Venmo Operations, Braintree Engineering, Merchant Support, Risk & Underwriting, Sales & Accounts, Marketing etc. this person will build relationships with managers, employees and site leaders while liaising with the global HR team. Your responsibilities will be broad: people manager development, site engagement and D&I activities, performance and talent management, organizational realignment and analytics.
Reporting to the HR Director on site the successful candidate will partner across a broad spectrum of HR disciplines including Employee Relations, Talent & Development, Total Rewards, Diversity & Inclusion and Talent Acquisition to drive business outcomes against the execution of our global HR and local site-level priorities.
- Impeccable integrity with personal and professional values that are consistent with PayPal’s
- Results driven individual who can produce outcomes
- Build credibility and trust with employees across all levels of the site
- Effective communicator who can tailor their communication style as needed
- Critical thinker who can navigate through a high degree of complexity and ambiguity
- Empathetic individual who can coach employees and managers through complex situations
- Coach managers on individual & team performance
- Support deployment of global HR programs such as the annual performance & rewards cycle, talent calibration & reviews and the employee listening survey
- Manager Training on performance evaluation, compensation, delivering feedback, HR tools and general best practices
- Champion of site engagement by partnering with site leaders on culture activity, diversity & inclusion initiatives and solutions to enhance the employee experience
- Together with the business-aligned HRBPs, you’ll support business reorganizations and restructures
- Deliver anecdotal and analytical insights
- This candidate will have 3 to 5 years of relevant experience. You don’t need experience in all of the areas above, but you must have strong experience in partnering with managers to increase individual and team effectiveness
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or equivalent experience
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!