We are looking for an HR Specialist to support a number of key business functions for our North America team. This person will support the Human Resources team and North America employees through driving the people and organization strategy of both managers and front line staff, sharing responsibility for parts of a 3,000 person North America employee mix. Our Human Resources Delivery team ensure that all of our fellow employees have the support and consistency necessary to excel, and in turn help maintain our culture as a source of pride for the organization.
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
As a part of our HR team, you will partner with HRBPs and employees to support the growth and change that we see every single day at Groupon. We work in various Centers of Excellence across the globe and collaborate together to build from scratch and provide guidance to our partners around the organization. As a young yet evolving company, we’ve grown a robust HR department with dedicated HR resources for each line of business; yet there are still plenty of ways to impact, change, or improve how our team works.
As an HR Specialist, you will be on the front lines helping identify, resolve and escalate issues that need support. Our team is nimble, impactful, and creative, and we focus on building successful relationships and delivering value across the entire company.
In this role, you will triage internal HR matters, including employee relations issues and investigations, provide HR policy guidance, support employee programs and do the myriad of things that can support productivity across the board.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will triage inquiries pertaining to HR in an accurate and timely manner
- You will research and resolve basic issues by partnering across the HR organization and globe
- You will provide solutions to employees and education on self-service options available
- You will coach managers on performance management discussions, employee relations issues, discipline matters, and promotion/transfer/termination discussions
- You will partner closely with Benefits to assist and advise on Leave of Absence and Reasonable Accommodations
- Maintain a clear understanding of policy and procedure and ability to help others navigate these
- As part of the lift and shift of activities to the team, some project work will be required. You should be able to own and deliver on projects, looking for continuous improvement opportunities via streamlining and automation
- May handle requests related to benefits, vendor management, record retention, unemployment, internal transfers, immigration, relocation, on-boarding, HR website maintenance, reporting, and training
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ of related experience
- Experience with HRIS systems a plus; Workday a strong plus
- Skilled in Google Suite (Docs, Calendar, Sheets, Mail)
- You are able to understand and explain situations and solutions, be it on the phone, in email or in person.
- You have a passion for the experience you provide your customers - and are problem solving orientated.
- You're a self-starter, and not afraid to fail
- You know that the details matter
- Demonstrable ability to balance competing priorities
- Flexibility, able to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Must be able to handle confidential matters appropriately
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.