At FTD, LLC, we are continually evolving the business by promoting a culture where support from the Human Resource. We help to guide our company through teamwork, HR-partnership experience, and reliable customer service to our internal and external customers.
We are searching for a top-level HR Specialist who will take a leading role in supporting business initiatives while managing human capital within our Floral-brand E-Commerce business.
You will Contribute to people management while focusing on the employee life cycle at FTD. You will also help with these areas:
- Responding to employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs. Partner with the Director on HR-related questions regarding policy interpretation and application; listen to employee concerns and provide recommendations to the supervisor and/or the employee. Escalate issues to HR leadership as appropriate.
- Managing the employee events calendar; plan and execute employee events.
- Managing leaves of absences and short-term/long-term disability cases, including communication with employees, management, and third-party vendors.
- Assisting with call center seasonal hiring, including but not limited to: recruiting, interviewing, testing, and selecting employees to fill vacant positions. You'll provide generalist support to all core and seasonal call center employees.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; update, refresh, and maintain employee handbook.
What we seek is an HR Specialist with the ability to work on a broad range of projects and technologies. You love to provide an expert level of customer service and are excited about learning and building towards the future. These are the qualities we are looking for:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including knowledge of EEOC, immigration, ADA, Workers' Compensation, and FMLA.
- Team-player who thrives and is happiest when no two days are the same, and assist our employees with HR programs
- Experience with employee orientations (onboarding), employee relations, and policy design.
- Experience in leave, performance, and procedural management.
- Taking pride in crafting solutions, process improvements, outcomes, and conflict resolutions.
We offer an opportunity to be a part of a team that effectively mitigates risk while ensuring customer satisfaction. We encourage and welcome out-of-the-box ideas in all areas of the business as we push for efficiency and collaboration. We enjoy all the benefits of working for a digital E-Commerce Company, bias towards action, data-driven, and customer-centricity.
Join us and contribute to our digital transformation! As part of the Human Resource team, you will support leaders in driving the growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few high-traffic E-Commerce companies that can offer you the possibility of adding your fingerprints on the development and resurgence of a 109-year-old company.
Reporting to: Joe Lee
Location: Downers Grove (occasionally to Chicago)
Hours: 8:30-5 (M-F), Weekend as necessary (infrequent)
Recruiter: D. Mendonca #LI-DM1