Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
Corporate HRBP will provide HR guidance, direction and influence in the achievement of business goals and objectives for assigned Business Units. The Corporate HRBP will consult as a criticalbusiness partner and trusted advisor to assigned Executive Leaders including but not limited to Chief Officers.
Responsible for strategizing and/or implementing a comprehensive and integrated human resources strategy model that proactively address all major HR areas; talent acquisition, organizational development, performance management, talent planning, career development, enterprise communication, leadership development, employee engagement, enterprise training, compensation and rewards.
The Corporate HRBP will be instrumental in driving and partnering with client groups and HR Centers of Excellence (COE’s) in order to drive business results that align with our mission, vision, and values.
Corporate HRBP is responsible for providing the people perspective into their strategic plan and org structure.
Corporate HRBPs will partner with the business leaders to create an effective and integrated strategy for advancing the business. Through partnership, the HRBP will gain deep knowledge of the business, people and organizational needs and is able to diagnose issues and recommend solutions to complex challenges.
Develop business and HR strategies and initiatives by partnering to diagnose business challenges, exploring alternative solutions and recommending best-fit solutions, identifying opportunities for increased efficiency/effectiveness to support our the guest and business strategy
Works with executive leadership to proactively identify HR issues and creative solutions to support the business needs.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute best practices to promote employee engagement and to enable a high-performing workforce to contribute to the company’s strategic growth and business objectives
- Role model behaviors aligned to a values based, guest-centric, high performing culture with an emphasis on embracing our competencies and delivering with subject matter expertise
- Partner across the organization to coach and develop our leaders to ensure they are building culture action plans that best align to our people strategies and business initiatives
Talent Development/Leadership Development
- Build organizational capabilities by partnering with leaders to identify ways to build talent capabilities at all levels while identifying opportunities for training and development
- Lead Succession Planning process, talent calibration, culture survey action planning, goal setting and rollout, and performance review consultation, and IDP creation and execution
- Partner with Talent Management COE and business senior leadership in managing proper succession and high potential planning that works alongside our defined strategy and needs of the business
- Advise leadership on organizational design, change management and overall organizational effectiveness (conduct ongoing reviews and propose changes to enhance operations)
- Provide talent consultation related to career development and growth
- Drive strategic workforce planning and manage headcount process
- Administer employee performance management programs, plans and advises the assigned organization’s management in the carrying out of performance management and employee development plans
- Partner to identify and address opportunities to leverage compensation as a differentiator
- Works with management for assigned organization on compensation issues
- Collaborates with Compensation team to ensure jobs are accurately written, evaluated and total compensation is competitive based on internal and external marketplace
- Provide function oversight to annual compensation process for both merit and bonus planning
- Guide compensation decisions for leadership hires and promotions
- Identify any compensation issues and recommend solutions such as market adjustments, retention strategies
- Partner with compensation to determine job evaluations and provide feedback on job requirements and org structure
- Manages and delivers various training for employees and senior leadership to help achieve business strategies
- Identify training gaps and partner with business to determine to a training solution
- Facilitate and create department offsite, leadership assimilation session and custom team development activities
- Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of issues and resolve through a systematic and analytical approach, including investigations
- In partnership with Associate Relations determines issues, identify action plan and responsible to ensure that action plan is successful and aligns with policy and procedures
- Leverage the COE Corporate HR groups, proactively partners with broader HR team to share best practices, HR strategy / delivery, and to identify ways to better serve our business and guest strategies
- Provides feedback to other Human Resources peers on business needs and industry competitive trends
- Ensure continual performance improvement within the function, driving processes to facilitate improvement
- Support business leaders to ensure employee processes, policies and practices enable employee engagement and leadership effectiveness
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor's degree in related field and/or relevant work experience in an HR support role
- 10 plus years in increasingly responsible Human Resources roles including direct involvement with senior business executives in high growth environments; preferably at the Senior Manager and above level
- Must have a heavy emphasis on Org Design, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, HR Strategy, Succession Leadership Development and Driving Change
- Ability to successfully work under pressure and handle multiple highly sensitive issues and manage competing priorities while being agile and adaptable
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; leader with dedication to the ongoing development of the company and HR department
- Strong experience in the creation and execution of communication strategies
- Possesses both strategic thinking capability and “hands on” HR plan implementation experience
- Strong influence and ability to interact (Senior Leaders), interpersonal skills and overall leadership capability
- Strong conceptual ability coupled with a proven track record of implementing HR and organization initiatives
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize business data and develop innovative and holistic HR solutions that are forward thinking and growth oriented
- Resilience to work within a complex organization and find creative solutions
- Proven collaboration skills with the ability to gain consensus through personal influence
- Demonstrated ability to invite diverse perspectives, promote an inclusive work environment and support workforce diversity
- Willingness to work and integrate with multiple partners
- Demonstrated integration and strategic planning skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills