HRIS & Benefits Manager
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
About the HR Team
We are a close knit HR team focused on providing the best possible experience for all prospective candidates and current employees. We act as strategic business partners to hiring managers across the company to assist in all of their human development and recruiting needs. With our ever growing recruiting goals, we are highly proactive in nature. Be prepared to take on an exciting challenge!
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the implementation and evaluation of processes and programs
- Provide technical and functional expertise in preparation of Workday
- Proactively participate in cross-functional projects
- Collaborate closely with HR team to optimize payroll, compensation, and benefits system
- Manage and provide leadership and coaching to the specialist team
- Optimize data and reporting
- Year-End processing: open enrollment support, year-end files, compensation statements
- Establish and manage governance plans for HR data
- Review and provide oversight system enhancements
- Manager is responsible for all aspects of Benefits including the administration of employee benefits and plan recommendations for improvement.
- Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; 401k; temporary disability programs; and safety.
- Work with the plan provider to evaluate and compare existing company benefits with Nordstrom and other company plans and develop specific recommendations for the following plan year.
- Maintain day to day file feeds to benefits carriers and act as the expert in employee questions around our benefits offering.
- Install approved new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents and other media for communicating plans to employees.
What your background might look like
- 5+ years of progressive payroll processing experience
- 5+ years of HR Information Systems experience
- Strong team builder, attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external clients
- Minimum of 2+ years supervisory/management
- Strong understanding of payroll practices with regard to wage and hour laws
- Workday experience a plus
How we work
- With others. Work closely with leaders across the organization to build teams and support who collectively make up our curious and collaborative culture.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
What Trunk Club will provide
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Career advancement opportunities with strong emphasis on internal promotions
- A company culture like you’ve never experienced
- State of the art workplace environment
A few of our perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffeeshop!