Human Resources Business Partner at ThinkMarkets
ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we allow our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to disrupt the brokerage industry by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products to allow our clients to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms. Our Chicago office is in the heart of the financial district in the Loop, and is made up by our Leadership, IT, Analytics, and R&D teams.
We are seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join our rapidly growing global workforce in Chicago. This individual will have a critical role in our company culture by recruiting, hiring, retaining, and developing the best and brightest talent along with organizing and implementing global benefits and policies. The right candidate will be a strong communicator and problem solver, highly organized, with an enthusiastic passion for their role in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company.
- Develop and drive strategies to attract, develop, engage, and retain strong and diverse talent while working with HR team and leadership
- Research and maintain employment & compliance updates white collaborating with the Legal Department every step of the way in the quickly-evolving business model
- Partner with Leadership, Recruiters, and HR team to develop holistic, strategic interview and workforce plans and support the full execution of those plans
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risk, and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Responsible for providing HR leadership for activities such as employee relations consulting, talent management initiatives, organizational development initiatives, change management, conflict management, equal opportunity/affirmative action, diversity and inclusion initiatives, leader consulting, and HR communications, etc.
- Translate organizational needs into actionable and trackable plans to achieve organizational goals and strategies
- Identify and deliver leadership development training
- Coach and support Team Leaders on Annual Performance Check-In processes
- Interpret, draft, and implement global benefit procedures while working closely with company leadership to develop streamlined policies
- Understand our business holistically, be proactive in support of managers and employees as related to HR matters and provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Manage open enrollment, understand and support benefits administration, and be the point person on our team to assist our employees
- Prepare and maintain compliant personnel files for audit reviews and record keeping
- Manage distribution of semi-monthly payroll and annual W-2’s
- BA/BS degree with 4+ years of experience working in Human Resources
- Financial Services, Capital Markets, and/or Trading experience is preferred
- Experience in administering payroll, benefit plans, and HR operations focusing on employee experience
- Proven experience with HRIS management tools, ATS software, and payroll software (Greenhouse, BambooHR, ADP RUN, ADP Celergo, ADP Workforce Now, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, time management, attention to detail, and overall positive attitude
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and observe the highest degree of confidentiality
*Please attach a cover letter along with your resume*