Human Resources Coordinator at ThinkMarkets
ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we allow our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to disrupt the brokerage industry by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products to allow our clients to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms. Our Chicago office is in the heart of the financial district in the Loop, and is made up by our Leadership, IT, Analytics, and R&D teams.
We are seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to join our rapidly growing global workforce in Chicago. In this position, you will assist the HR, Recruiting, and Leadership teams to best support business and employee needs. The right candidate will be a strong communicator and problem solver, highly organized, with an enthusiastic passion for their role in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company.
- Collaborate with HR team to provide suggestions and research to support HR initiatives such as: employee engagement, trainings and workshops, talent management initiatives, organizational development initiatives, career progression, and employee lifecycle mapping
- Understand our business holistically, be proactive in support of managers and employees as related to HR matters and provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Research and maintain employment & compliance updates white collaborating with the Legal Department every step of the way in the quickly-evolving business model
- Edit and draft onboarding documents for new employees globally
- Maintaining accurate and confidential digital and hard copies of HR records
- Provide HR administrative support in meetings, including, but not limited to: note-taking, generating HR and recruiting reports, updating labor agreements and employee contracts, submitting background checks, supporting payroll administration, etc.
- Assist with recruiting efforts including, but not limited to: scheduling phone screens and onsite interviews, posting open jobs on multiple job boards, screening resumes, performing reference checks, etc.
- Conduct research on benefits, employment law, salary benchmarking, trainings, and talent retention to present to HR and leadership
- Understand business operations from both a strategic and tactical perspective to best support HR and recruiting teams
- Act as a friendly and approachable HR representative to all employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, or other related field
- 1-2 years in an HR Assistant or similar position or internship
- Familiarity with HR software and systems such as Greenhouse, BambooHR, ADP RUN
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Outstanding research and note-taking abilities
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and professional decorum
Our Benefit Offerings:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage available
- Employer-Paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Pre-Tax Transit deduction options
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- 401k and Roth 401k (retirement planning) options available and competitive company match
- Generous Paid Holidays
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Fresh beverages and snacks in office
This position requires presence in the downtown Chicago Office 5 days/week.