Human Resources Generalist
The HR Generalist will coach and consult with Directors and Managers to find the most appropriate solutions to meet business needs. This individual will be responsible for effective deployment of HR programs/policies/practices and serve as an employee advocate. The HR Generalist will focus on establishing partnerships with assigned departments to support delivery and execution of HR processes including but not limited to employee relations, employee retention & engagement, talent management & development, cultural programs, reporting, company-wide initiatives and more. The HR Generalist will partner with the facilities team to establish brick and mortar offices for the Emerging Markets sales divisions requiring extensive travel across the contiguous US.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Builds solid relationships with assigned managers/supervisors and assists them in finding appropriate HR solutions to meet their needs; provides personal development coaching where needed.
- Deploys HR policies/systems/programs/practices across assigned business(s); delivers growth/profit-impacting practices that achieve business results.
- Serves as initial contact for low to mid-level employee relations issues; resolves employee relations issues; mediates employee grievances; escalates when appropriate; provides guidance to managers in dealing with employee relations issues; serves as initial contact with Legal Counsel regarding employee separation/legal issues.
- Investigates employee complaints and assist in resolving conflicts.
- Administers various HR programs including new hire orientations, employee recognition programs, culture activities, service awards, referral programs, community support, compliance training, performance appraisal process, etc.
- Supports the general coordination of events such as the holiday party and SOTUs.
- Point of contact for office space planning and facilities related needs in conjunction with the corporate facilities team.
- Travels regularly to offices as a support for employee related issues, and facilities followup
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continuously improve in efficiencies of the department and services we perform.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple HR initiatives in conjunction with Generalist responsibilities.
- Ability to "connect the dots" and collaborate with coworkers to achieve desired results.
Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience
State the minimum education, experience, skills and certifications/training required to successfully perform the job.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of HR concepts, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of employment law including FLSA, FMLA, ADA and COBRA
- Ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity
- Ability to work with limited supervision and high motivation
- Able to travel regularly independently
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required
- 3+ years’ HR experience in a corporate environment required
- 2+ years’ experience in employee-relations required
- Strong skills in interpersonal communication, writing, and organization
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel and HRIS systems)
- PHR Certification a plus
- Project management experience a plus
- 50% Travel required