Human Resources Generalist at Bluecrew
Bluecrew - Chicago, IL
Founded in 2015, Bluecrew is an on-demand staffing technology platform exclusively for flexible W-2 work. Job seekers turn to Bluecrew for sustainable and reliable employment that fits their schedules across a broad range of industries including warehousing, logistics, e-commerce, events, delivery, and hospitality.
Bluecrew is disrupting the traditional staffing model (an industry worth $130 billion which is almost exclusively offline) with a mobile-first platform that offers workers control, flexibility, and protection, while instantly connecting them to high quality, short and long-term employment opportunities. Unlike gig economy platforms, all Crew Members are W-2 employees of Bluecrew, receiving benefits and protections like minimum wage, overtime, sick pay, and workers' compensation. Bluecrew is headquartered in Chicago with a presence in markets nationwide and is owned and operated by IAC.
We are seeking an HR Generalist to support and provide employment, corporate, and insurance compliance efforts with a 360 view to a dynamically growing organization.
You will report to the HR Business Partner and work closely with the whole Bluecrew team
across all departments to take good care of our hard working crew members. This position provides administrative and research contributions in all areas including, but not limited to: risk management programs and human resources administration, (i.e. workers comp, safety, benefits, unemployment claims, etc.), employee relations, policy development and implementation, creative and interactive resources and training.
Employee Relations & Human Resources
- Working with and supporting employees to resolve concerns.
- Making sure all legal requirements are fulfilled during hiring, disciplining and termination best practices.
- Helping to administer employee benefits.
- Maintaining employee data and supporting documentation for all HR actions.
- Perform research on employment and labor laws, emerging law for on-demand workplace technologies, and staffing industry.
- Monitor regulatory compliance for each of locations by state, city and county which includes monitoring and relaying changes in federal, state, and local laws and regulations for on-demand setting and our clients’ various industries.
- Coordinate, produce, and monitor enterprise-wide compliance reporting program on insurance requirements, workers’ compensation program administration (incl. Claims administration), unemployment administration, and other compliance issues related to labor, employment, mandatory benefits, and by specific industries served.
- Assist with benefit plan audits and renewal processes.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a Human Resources Generalist role
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Apps
- Ability to navigate multiple systems to input, manage and report on claims, filings, data,
- trends and analytics.
- Previous experience working with confidential information.
- Previous experience working in human resources and benefits preferred.
- Previous experience working in legal compliance and insurance beneficial, but not
- Highly organized and reliable.
- Enthusiastic team player, positivity and self-motivation are key to success in the position
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status