Human Resources/ People Operations Manager at ShipBob
Launched in 2014, ShipBob is a tech-enabled fulfillment and logistics solution for growing e-commerce companies. Our goal is to alleviate the daily stress associated with picking, packaging and shipping so business owners can focus on more important aspects of their brand. Through our software and operations arm, we are on a mission to help businesses be successful online
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and richly diverse company culture. All voices are heard regardless of tenure or job title. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a strong work ethic and ability to persevere.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of HR practices at ShipBob. They will develop, implement, and maintain human resources policies, procedures, and forms; support department managers and employees regarding personnel issues; and maintain personnel records in accordance with organizational/ regulatory requirements. The HR Manager will report directly to the Director of Human Resources.
- Maintain a smooth onboarding process for new employees in both the home office and all five fulfillment centers (approvals, new hire paperwork, E-Verify, H1B)
- Maintain a consistent offboarding process (approvals, paperwork)
- Offer consultation, facilitation and resolution strategies for employees on workplace issues
- Create and measure performance management plans for exempt and non-exempt employees
- Provide regional support
- Conduct compliance audits to ensure the company is in regulatory guidelines
- Create and administer periodic employee satisfaction surveys
- Encourage and participate in community involvement
- Provide Leave of Absence Management
- Provide Unemployment management
- Embody ShipBob's core values and drive company culture
- Compile and analyze data to drive business decisions
- Special projects and enhancements
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or Business related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1 year current management experience Minimum 2-4 years of Generalist experience
- Experience working in both a manufacturing (operations) and office setting environment.
- SPHR/PHR, SHRM credentials preferred
- Knowledge of employment law and HR practices
- Ability to understand and interpret data as well as the ability to make recommendations and take action utilizing that data
- Insightful and intuitive
- Able to work in a fast-paced, highly energized and open environment and work with all levels of management.
- Solid presentation and speaking skills to a wide range of group sizes.
- Must have stellar interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently, requirement minimal direction.
- Ability to travel to all ShipBob locations on a quarterly basis
- Vision, Medical, Dental and 401K Plan
- Flexible hours, casual dress
- Commuter benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.