Human Resources Shared Services Manager at KeHE Distributors
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
This position will be located in Naperville, Illinois and report directly to the Senior Manager of Payroll and Shared Services. The primary responsibility for the Human Resources Shared Services Manager is to assist the Corporate and Commercial Human Resources teams and manage the daily transactional duties. This role will oversee an HR Shared Services Specialist. As with all positions at KeHE, we expect that all actions will be consistent with KeHE’s Mission, Vision and Values. We are seeking a driven, creative and professional leader with an extraordinary attention to detail, superb organizational skills and has broad/generalist Human Resources knowledge. Accountabilities are accomplished through working collaboratively with HR teams to foster an environment consistent with KeHE’s Culture, Mission and Values.
- Provide Human Resources transactional leadership and support for the Corporate and Commercial teams, including both exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Business Partners while performing all employee information changes in UltiPro:
- Ensure accuracy (audit) and timeliness of new hire information (from iCIMS) and manually enter information not found in the pre-employment process (e.g. incentive plan. PTO plan, etc.).
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness when manually entering employees’
termination information, PTO payment and final check calculations.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness when manually entering Employee Change Notice (ECN) forms for reasons including, but not limited to: compensation changes (e.g. merit), job changes (e.g. demotions, promotions or transfers), supervisor changes and any other reason requiring a change of information during employees’ employment.
- Manage employee records in accordance to and in compliance with the Records Retention policy (e.g. personnel, medical, etc.) maintaining strict confidence on a “need to know” basis at all times.
- Ensures data integrity by conducting system audits on an as needed basis.
- Manage the I-9 program for which the position provides support to include auditing, document verification/reverification and handling of E-Verify issues with HR Business Partners.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Business Partners and provide support in managing the Leaves of Absence program
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. Complete wage requests related to Workers’ Compensation claims, as necessary.
- Manage the driver reimbursement program with vendor. Partner with our thirdparty vendor to ensure compliance with the program - documents are current/valid, annual checks are being completed.
- Support Human Resources Business Partners with benefits, compensation, culture/engagement, onboarding, payroll, performance management and training programs as needed.
- Assist with and complete special projects as assigned.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field is preferred or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years generalist Human Resources experience; Experience with Corporate and/or Sales teams preferred.
- 2+ years’ UltiPro preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel (e.g. pivot tables and vlookups, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work successfully under pressure and handle multiple highly sensitive issues and competing priorities.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Contribute and support to the overall goals of the Human Resources department.
- Capability of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints.
- Able to work effectively with peers, leadership, and the Corporate/Commercial/Operations teams in a productive collaborative environment.
- Analyze HR processes with an eye on efficiency and effectiveness, quality and data-driven decision making.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.