We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
The role of Immigration Specialist is a fundamental part of ThoughtWorks’ North American operations team. ThoughtWorks is a fast-paced business with a wide portfolio of both client and internal engagements. In order to sufficiently staff and successfully deliver these engagements, ThoughtWorks relies in-part on its ability to temporarily transfer employees from its overseas entities and to hire foreign national employees directly in the United States.
As an Immigration Specialist, you will help to manage and facilitate the immigration processes of ThoughtWorks’ foreign national employees employed in the United States. You will collaborate with various stakeholders, including Recruiting, Staffing, Mobility, and Demand teams, as well as the foreign national employees. We require this role to be staffed out of our Chicago office.
- Draft and compile technical descriptions, letters, forms, and petitions to be submitted in support of official U.S. and Canadian immigration processes
- Prepare and file domestic and foreign work authorization and visa applications, including but not limited to E-3, H-1B, L-1, and TN
- Maintain the accuracy of data in various databases and spreadsheets
- Track the immigration status of employees
- Correspond with employees about their immigration status and processes
- Work closely with Staffing, Mobility, Recruiting, and People Teams about hiring, staffing, professional development, and international travel of foreign national employees
- Create and update processes and tools to enable accurate tracking, timely notification, and effective communication of critical business and immigration correspondences
- Conduct research and assist with special projects, as needed
- Support the Immigration Team and Legal Department in multiple administrative functions including filing, copying, and preparation of correspondences
- Three to five years of relevant professional experience with H-1B, L-1, E-3, and TN immigration statuses required
- Excellent written, reading comprehension, and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, record management, and prioritization skills
- Customer-service mindset
- Adaptable to changing laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ability to manage complex assignments
- Sound decision-making skills
- Capacity to manage expectations, facilitate difficult conversations, and address concerns related to immigration processes
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Experience handling confidential matters in a discreet and professional manner
- Can work independently and autonomously
- Working knowledge of advanced Microsoft Office and G-Suite functions and products
- Proficient skills related to email software and etiquette
In addition to your resume, please submit a cover letter that clearly addresses:
- Something about yourself that is not already included on your resume
- Why you are interested in the position
- Why you are interested in working at ThoughtWorks
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.